Thread: boat buying itch stopped

Threaded View

Wink boat buying itch stopped

Like most dreamers , I've long been drawn to the 'Flicka"...just a neat little boat built like a tank ! Way too expensive,slow but there is just something about them. One has come up for sale here in Canada...a 93,fresh water sailed,seldom used.lots of good options,PRESTINE,only 380hrs on the little diesel,even my favorite colours AND the price is exellent for what it is. I went and looked.After the initial excitement , I realized it did not have the room,the storage,we couldn't comfortably sit across from each other for cards,drinks or dinner like on #50, The head is SO tiny I'd be afraid to fart...I'd blow my eardrums out.They are a great boat, pacific seacraft a great builder, but in the end ..I'm just too attached to #50.When the cushions are done , we'll be able to each sit back in a couple of very comfortable settee's to read, have a couple of nice double bunks (flicka's cockpit only 5ft long) and it will be a VERY personal boat with my changes.I got over the 'boat buyers itch' on the drive home. Ole #50 still is MY 'favorite lil boat'
    Last edited by frank durant; 06-27-2005 at 06:51 AM.