+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seacocks

Seacocks

My seacock to that lovely sink is 1/2 inch as well as the thru hull. I have bought a new thru hull which is a match to what I have, it's marelon. The seacock I found is 1/2 inch to fit it. It screws down to the inside of the hull with out a backing plywood is this because it is so small? I need to get an adapter Male 1/2 inch Female 1 inch. Anybody come accross this problem. The drain in the sink does anybody know what the original measurement was and where do you get the parts. West does not have the male to female adapter and I am not sure on the drain the pipe was 1 inch. Definitely not original. The first pipe was 1-1/2 according to the manual.

John
    Last edited by Bill; 07-05-2005 at 06:22 PM.

The original Pearson sink drain led to a T in the port side cockpit drain. If there is a third through hull, then it's from a PO. Half inch seems a bit small for the sink drain, but if it works . . .

John

I agree will Bill, a half inch does sound a bit small for a drain. I snapped this pic the other morning of the 'T' shaped tube Bill speaks of...
    Attached Images  

Looks like they glassed a tube. That looks like the drains they used on the Gunwales with the bronze grates. I did not think mine was original after looking at the sink the pipe and and the seacock and the inventory list. I sat taking measurments any suggestions on increasing the size or don't fool around with it. I was worried about putting in a bigger hole for a thru hull.

John
    Last edited by Bill; 07-05-2005 at 06:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread