i thought it good to drag this old thread up:
Following Mike Goodwin's advice, i got a shopvac (for only $12 at a garage sale, such a deal!) and got most of the water out. it had thawed by wed's night, but by the top had barely frozen by thurs night, though it was easily dispatched by the shopvac.

however two things:
1) water seemed to seep back into the puddle. this may be explained by the melting of ice, or maybe maybe there is little resivoir inbetween the lead bricks and where the keel drops off, but nonetheless, weird. of course it got me thinking about part 2.

2) where is the "keel void" talked about by the manual? looking from the inside, i can't figure out how i am not looking at the inside of the outer skin and not the void. where is the void? is that where this water is coming from? is the sky falling? what is the meaning of life?

now, keep in mind this hull is (supposed to be) hull #3, so the method to built a hull at the factory was likely still in a state of flux. is it possible that the first few hulls didn't have a void? maybe i just need someone more tech-savy than me to circle it on a drawing and post it.

ok, it is resolved, i am getting a damn digital camera to take pics of this crazyness.

<onto/soapbox>
and for you in the VA, MD, DC, DE, and PA area, Fawcett's in annapolis is supposed to be having a big sale on saturday/sunday. i only mention it because now that there is only one huge corporate mega boat store, i feel like actively supporting this mom-and-pop establishment. and they know of which the speak on all subjects, and no pimples.
<off/soapbox>

km#3