Scott, Sounds like a nice ride. Where where you coming home from?

In terms of your water issue, I have experienced the same thing in the past. Our first wet trip was a number of years ago heading north to S.F. We arrived with the floor boards floating after sailing 16 hours straight with 25+ on the nose. We determined the leak was at the bow at the rub rail joint. Sounds like you can rule lazarette locker that out.

Our second experience with water filling the voids was on a trip back to Alameda from Napa. On this day we had reported 40 mph winds and a huge ebb chop in the SF Bay. Since we were cruising I had left the motor in the well. This resulted in water pouring through the stern. With Lisa pushing the manual pump and Ernie using a bucket and pouring it into the cockpit we were able to get a handle on it. After getting all the water out and then moving much of our cruising gear and extra people weight forward we were able to raise the stern enough to decrease the amount of water being shipped. Plus it was an easy way to let Ernie and his wife Nancy take a nap in the v-berth.

My point is if I was you I would take a second look at the lazarette locker. With the amount of water you described it would take one hell of a leak in the pump hose. My only other guess would be that you have no flap or check valve in the pump.......ed