The big whale gusher dual-diaphragm deck pump is a sweetie, something like 40 GPM. Each direction on the handle gives a splurt, and if one diaphragm fails the pump still works at 1/2 capacity. Spendy, but worth every penny. You can find them used in the 100.00 range usually, and the overhaul kit is about 50 bucks to send away for. I'm using one of these as the belowdeck last-ditch pump on the Triton...was playing with making a vacuum head and using it for the flusher, too, but probably won't. A friend of mine mounted one of the same in the cockpit of his Renegade at one point, right by the bridgedeck. Looks and sounds more in-the-way than it was. Ened up replacing it with a 4-inch diameter, bronze Wilcox piston pump that tosses a great huge lot of water (we never did measure) out into the cockpit sole and mounts down thru with the brackets secured to the front wall of the cockpit and a hose inside leading down to the bilge sump. Nice fellow that he is, he tipped me off that there was another in the same place and I snatched it up for 35 bucks! After fighting it apart, a new piece of leather was installed, shined it all up, we're in biz! These were really common on old workboats so are not uncommon to see in the seajunk stores. There was a smaller-diameter model made and you see 'em in a lot of old wood sailboats, but this is Da Bomb. Looks real cool in the cockpit, too! If you get tired, you can use the boom vang to pump on it!

Dave