+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pearson Ariel #304

Red has the longest wavelengths of light sailors can see.

That red is the redest red whot red can be.

Next to that red in the light spectrum is INFRARED.

One extra stray wiggle of red from off that hull....
    I believe your Ariel will become only seeable with goggles.

Bits and pieces looking good too!
    Last edited by ebb; 05-05-2009 at 06:49 AM.

I was just thinking...with that nice biege deck colour...please don't ruin it using green indoor/outdoor carpet. Just recently saw a nice light brown sample that I thought would match much better when you get to re- applying it PS..Ebb....that be "Ferreri Red". Looks mighty fine
    Last edited by frank durant; 05-04-2009 at 06:06 PM.

o o o o p s
    Last edited by frank durant; 05-04-2009 at 06:07 PM.

A very far cry from how you found her - well done!

When is launch day?
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Very nice work! I now have teak envy.

One caution - I can tell you from experience that you may want effective siphon breaks on those thru hulls below the transom. It took me a couple days after my first launch to figure out why I kept nearly sinking. My automatic bilge pump was the culprit. It was only a problem with 3 or more people in the cockpit or while motoring in following seas.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorcave View Post
    One caution - I can tell you from experience that you may want effective siphon breaks on those thru hulls below the transom.
    I'll second that - good advice! It's happened to me on a couple of occasions as well.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Jeez-o-pete.

I am continually amazed and impressed by the level of skill and artistry exhibited by our membership. I only wish that each of you had slips adjacent to mine, such that I might garner just a bit of each of your abilities.

p.s. I could repeatedly post this comment in every one of you A/C artisans' threads. Cheers to the preservationist in the lot of you.

WOW!!!! Looking good!!!!

Man I love looking at your 'after' pics. The port trim will look awesome once installed. That cream deck is great. I'll probably copy your deck colour. Please keep posting pics. I remember when you 1st came along..out of the blue and posted those 1st pictures with the green turf decks...then nothing for 3 years. You've sure turned the frog into a princess. We all chuckled...I'm sure you along with us when Commander Pete replied back then with his standard wit and humour we all love.."I would suggest a wedge to chip the golfball from the cockpit to the foredeck. Then its an easy putt into the cowl vent." (anyone that hasn't looked...check out post #1)....well...you sure have the last laugh now.She's a beauty. Ya gotta show us once the ports are installed.

Some More Pics!!

Thanks all for the nice comments. And Ebb, I "red" your comments about my choice of red and assure you two things . . . . It isn't as bright as my flash makes it appear, and two, my wife is a Oklahoma Sooner fan so I really didn't have a choice in the matter, if I wanted my boat restored!!!!

Here are some new pics, some of the teak work I did for the companionway and some of the portlights!

I think it is still a few weeks off for launch. I have a "newer" atomic four that needs some tweaking, I have to rewire the whole boat, and lastly, there is alot of detail work.

I will soon have a $15,000 dollar boat worth 7K. Yee Haw!!!!!! Be sure I will insure it based upon all my receipts!!!

As far as remanufacturing the Teak Companionway pieces, the footboard was the toughest. (Top right pic, left most piece) Lots of router and plain old chisel work. Don't want to do this again!
    Attached Images          
    Last edited by legalair; 05-06-2009 at 08:31 PM.

Thru hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorcave View Post
    Very nice work! I now have teak envy.

One caution - I can tell you from experience that you may want effective siphon breaks on those thru hulls below the transom. It took me a couple days after my first launch to figure out why I kept nearly sinking. My automatic bilge pump was the culprit. It was only a problem with 3 or more people in the cockpit or while motoring in following seas.
    I will take that into account, thanks!

Some more pics.

Here are the Portlights from outside, inside and looking down at the outside.

Next are the coamings. I have them cut but they need to be sanded, attached to blocks, and finished. Will post some pics when done!!
    Attached Images        

Thumbs up

BEAUTIFUL!

Wow, she sure is a looker!

I LOVE those ports. I bet they were spendy.... I would like to have some I could open without fear that the corroded knife edge would leak and the fragile hinges would crumble!

Man that brightwork is wonderful! Thanks for taking the time to take / share the pictures. Look forward to seeing more!

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

Righto! NICE lights.

And personally I like them au naturale. Or non buffed.
    Have you got bronze frames for the windows too?

Gorgeous.

Thumbs up

Beauty...............ya gotta be proud.

+ Reply to Thread