+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Voyage of Commander "Faith" Chicago to California

New Updates!

Ahoy, all!
    Just wanted to share the new updates (long in coming, much to my chagrin) at larkoffaith.com go to the Ships Log. The rest of the journey will be forthcoming over the next week or two and updates will be available every day or two. I and my crew appreciated your support much more than you'll ever know. In many ways it kept us going - it gave us another reason to make the voyage happen.
    Also, I wanted to answer a couple of queries:
    Yes, the boat is older than all of us except Brian, who's got five years on her.
    Sean writes the log with help from the crew for getting the exact details exactly detailed.
    Yes, we will be putting it out as a book with about twice as much material as the log contains...you know, all the juicy details we left out due to time and taste.
    Lastly, all of you Pearson owners are sailing the finest boats ever built in their class! Fair winds, Amigos!
    Sean
    Last edited by Faith; 09-27-2005 at 02:07 PM.

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Good stuff, Sean. Keep 'em coming.

I like Juicy bits too. We're all adults here, mostly.

Must have been an incredible amount of planning and logistics involved in the adventure.

I vote to nominate Sean as Asst. Vice Commodore of the entire West Coast Fleet (Commander Division), with all the rights and privileges attendant thereto

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Motion passed without opposition. Congratulations

The log is now complete detailing the voyage. Over 7500 miles

http://www.geocities.com/sjfaul/log.html

Thumbs up Couple thoughts

[size=4]Having just spent the better part of the afternoon, and evening reading the excellent log of this journey I have a couple thoughts.[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4]The fact they made it is quite a testimony to the crew, and to the 40year old boat they sailed.[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4] There was little (no?) mention of any 'off shore' mods done to the boat, yet it endured everything short of a hurricane with no serious failures other then the steering casualty (and that not a catastrpophic failure).[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4]"Faith faired well, as she always does in seas of this type. Technically, the event was a knock-down: her mast went over on its side so far that the starboard spreader (the crossbar a little more than halfway up the pole) was dipped in the brine while the starboard combing (to which Eric still clung to the forward portion) allowed copious amounts of water to spill over. With two thousand pounds of lead in her full keel, the little Pearson Commander is designed to pop right back out of the water when this happens and that is just what she did. Within the space of three seconds from total prostration Faith had righted herself and was back on course. Man, I love this boat!"[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4] The log was so well written, what a wonderful gift! To have shared the voyage, bringing us along.[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4] As I formulate my plans, and endure the sideways glances of those who believe they 'know better' I am inspired.[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4]Lord willing, I hope to share the adventures of the (Ariel) Faith, till then[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4]Thank you Captain Sean, and the bold crew of the (Commander) Faith......[/size]

[size=3] [/size]

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

+ Reply to Thread