PDA

View Full Version : Looking for cabinet door.

c_amos
01-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Does anyone have an old cabinet door laying around?

I am looking for the one that goes on the cabinet with the drawers on the port side.

I know many have re-designed thier interior and might have this part left over. I am sure I can make something that might be close to the original but lack access to the tools I would choose, and doubt what ever I came up with would really look like the original.

Please check your junk piles and let me know, thanks. :)

ebb
01-19-2005, 07:42 AM
What I took out of 338 is a solid mahogany plank with a inside rabbet around like you find on plywood doors in 60's kitchens. You lookin for this?

It is NOT a nice frame with louvers and a bronze cabinet latch.

It is 28" X 10 5/8" with 1/2" rabbets and an unlined finger hole. The wood does have nice figure and is in good condition, except for a SLIGHT warp you might expect in a solid piece. The belly is out, so it actually would look great hanging in the hole. Originally mounted with particularly ugly surface mount offset hinges.

c_amos
01-19-2005, 08:34 AM
28" X 10 5/8" with 1/2" rabbets and an unlined finger hole.

That sounds close, like the hanging locker door. I need to measure the door I am refering to, but the width seems right at about ~10 - 11" but I am thinking the height is more like ~12-13".

I could probably just cut that down, and route the edge? Might you be willing to part with this treasure?

Oh yea, I would also be interested in the;

particularly ugly surface mount offset hinges.

:D

ebb
01-19-2005, 10:11 AM
10.5" long - 11" wide. Hinges on the short side. Needs sanding and stuff. Same as above w/ finger hole that doubles as a vent.

The two doors do not match in figure. But are 'honduras' mahogany original. you betcha.

c_amos
01-19-2005, 01:47 PM
If you PM me a figure (name your price, hopefully less then a million $$$), and an Email address i would greatly desire these fine exotic treasures. Of course I will be interested in the original
particularly ugly surface mount offset hinges. and even the latches (like a screw and socket) if you have them laying around. :D

ebb
01-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Easier to do "private messages"
Go to 'Members List' above here
Find ebb and send a private message to him on this site.
Please tell ebb your UPS shipping address plus a phone # I can put on the form. Not to worry about the $, ok?

I thought you just needed the small one?
Just in case the piece is not what you expect, I would rather ship the one you really need first. And it's in the box already.

The hinges are on the piece. They are not really inset enough. 3/8s inset hinges would probably be better and they are the readily available ones. The inset is 1/4" - however these hinges are unique and have an artdeco flavor to them.

Unless you get right back, you missed today, I think.

c_amos
01-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Returned from a week on the road to find a pacakge on the door.

Yes, it is exactly what I was looking for. :D

Thank you, and know that part of 338 will soon be living aboard 226.

ebb
01-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Yerwelcom,
Do you want the longer door?