PDA

View Full Version : When a plan comes together...

epiphany
01-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Well, it is sure looking like #370 will be down here at her new home in a little under a month. I spoke with David earlier this week, confirmed that he is willing to let me take her under my wing. I can't wait to start work on her, but I can't wait to *finish* work on her and take her sailing, even moreso. I hope that second desire is in the not-too-distant future...

Spoke with my brother-in-law tonight. He has a 28' center console, twin-outboard-engined, gas sucking, glad-I-don't-have-to-pay-the-bills fish hunting boat that weighs 9000# and sits in a slip while its nice little aluminum trailer waits to feel the lightness of an Ariel in transit. He and his lovely bride will be going out west to ski around Feb 5, so I plan to steal their truck and trailer and head up to Maryland then. Will use the meanwhile to figure out how to get the motorboat trailer to accept the first kiss of an Ariel hull, and in return embrace it for 500 miles of mostly interstate travel.

Seems I'll be needing to send this here A/C Association some payola soon. #370 comes with, as ebb put it a couple years ago, "the Mighty Manual". Looking forward to delving into The Good Book of Ariels, and seeing what path the scripture therein leads me on. I guess I should send in my burgee money with the Association registration... :)

Gee, guys, I'm fired up. I've wanted an Alberg boat since I was 10 or 11, back in '78 or so, when we all had hair of a different color, and more of it. It took a while, but I think I see some tape stretched tight out there, where I'm headed.

Yee-ha! :D

Bill
01-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Epiph, the appendix to the manual includes a tech drawing of a cradle for the Ariel/Commander. Should give you the dimensions needed to modify the motor boat trailer . . ;)

c_amos
01-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Really glad to hear it!

Is it too early to start planning our Bermuda run>? :D

I once moved an Ariel on a tandem axle U-Haul car trailer with a home built
cradle. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think your plan is MUCH MUCH better.