PDA

View Full Version : Ariel and Bristol 27 side-by-side

epiphany
12-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi all -

I am still on the boat hunt, determined to find, fix up, and enjoy my own Alberg-designed classic, like most of you have done. As before, the Ariel and the B27 run neck-and-neck in this race, both seem to be excellent boats, so it'll probably just come down to which model I run across at the time I am ready to buy. Well, at the time I *have the money* to buy. ;) I'm ready now :D , but gotta sell the current boat first. (Although I am going to go back to the guy who has that very neglected Ariel in January, with $300-400 cash, and offer to rescue her. She is in sad shape, and any more money that that would be a waste. So sad, that. He should be shot...) I see that Bill and Bill have Ariels For Sale (or is that the same Bill? I don't know...), but I am on the East Coast, so am looking over here...

Anyway, I worked up this graphic today, and thought I'd share it with ya'll. I tried to get the relative scale of the two images I used as accurate as possible, I think it would be off no more than say 4". I'll probably try to do the over-view in the same manner soon.

Hope you find it interesting. Enjoy!

(Edit: Come to think of it, I am going to get some pics of the poor abandoned Ariel, and post them so I can get opinions as to whether or not it is worth trying to save her...)

http://liquid-epiphany.com/images/photoalbum/4/compare_ariel_and_B27_web.jpg

commanderpete
12-20-2004, 12:37 PM
The dreaded red "X"

epiphany
12-20-2004, 01:56 PM
LOL @ that Ray pic. :D

You hit the page at a bad time, I think. After I posted initially, I went back and cleaned the image up a bit, then re-uploaded it to my site. To do that, I first had to remove it - and I think that might be why it didn't show, you looked at just the wrong time. Is it working now?

I just returned from taking pictures of #248. Once I get them posted to my site, I'll forward a few here.

DHodson
12-20-2004, 02:02 PM
I still have Ariel hull number 370 if you are interested. I am located in Maryland. See posting from 8/10/04 Nemesis (Ariel Hull #370) for sale in the off topic category.
David

epiphany
12-20-2004, 02:49 PM
David -

I am interested. Actually, I was back when I read your post a long time ago, but figured it was gone by then. I'll contact you via email, if it is listed here - if not then you can email me at --> cp23epiphany AT yahoo DOT com . Maybe we can help each other out. :)