PDA

View Full Version : ARIEL FOR SALE FOR BEST OFFER

Herb Tucker
08-29-2003, 08:42 AM
#226,1964,1998 YAMAHA 6HP LS W/RECTIFIER,13G FUEL TANK,DEPTH SOUNDER,AUTOPILOT(ST-2000),VHF RADIO W/MASTHEAD ANTENNA,MAST HEAD ANCHOR LIGHT,NEW BULKHEAD MOUNTED COMPASS,GPS INTERFACE W/AUTOPILOT,12V PLUG IN COCKPIT FOR SPOT LIGHT,BOW AND STERN ANCHORS,AUTOMATIC BILGE PUMP,ROLLER FURLING JIB,FRESHLY STRIPPED AND PAINTED DECK W\NON-SKID ADDED TO PAINT,COMPLETELY STRIPPED BOTTOM AND USE ONLY ABLATIVE PAINT,ALL ALERTS TAKEN CARE OF---STRONGBACK REINFORCED,SINK DRAIN REPLACED, AND BACK STAY CHAIN PLATE REINFORCED,NEW MAHOGANY SEAT BACKS MADE/INSTALLED IN COCKPIT,NEW PARTITIONS MADE/INSTALLED IN BOTH LAZERETTES(MARINE PLYWOOD),HOLDING TANK(CALAPSABLE) INSTALLED W/PUMP OUT BOSS,ALL CUSHIONS REPLACED 3 YEARS AGO,CUSHION AND SUPPORT BETWEEN SETEE
BIRTHS TO MAKE DIAGONAL DOUBLE BIRTH(EASILY REMOVEABLE),RUDDER REINFORCED W/BRASS STRAPS,RUDDER POST IN GOOD SHAPE,NEW DYNOPLATE INSTALLED----LOOKS LIKE NEW!!!---DK BLUE HULL,WHITE BOOT STIPE,LT BLUE DECK,CABIN/TRIM WHITE,ALSO 4 NEW TINTED LEXAN WINDOWS,OTHER XTRAS!

Mike Goodwin
08-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Herb,
Where do you keep the boat?

I'm down on the Elizabeth river in Scott's Creek.

Mike G

Tony G
08-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Herb
From the description listed above it sounds like you're giving it away. I didn't get that sweet of a deal. Why is it the gems always show up after I buy?:mad: Well I hope you're movin up rather than given up. Best of luck, it shouldn't take long at that price. Tony G

mbd
01-21-2004, 07:43 AM
Is your boat still for sale? Where are you located?
Mike D.
Scarborough, Maine

-- Sorry, new to the forum, and now I see the location to the left...

Herb Tucker
04-01-2004, 10:48 AM
MUST PART WITH THIS BOAT WHICH WAS PREVIOUSLY PRICED AT $4500. JUST MAKE ME AN OFFER.

Jim Marron
04-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Where is your boat located? Do you have any pictures of it. I am interested. thanx. Jim Marron.

Jim Wiles
04-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Herb,
I too would like to see some photos and I too could be interested.
Jim

c_amos
04-12-2004, 12:12 AM
Thank you Herb,

I had the pleasure of meeting Herb this weekend, and sailing with him this weekend. His boat is the one I was searching for, and I am thankful to have found it.

Even in my limited experience, I have always admired the Carl Alberg designs, and really like the Pearson Ariel ever since a good
friend bought one several years ago (still in a long term restoration, hull # 263 I think).

I answered Herb's add on Friday and it was not enough to just explain to me about the boat, he offered to take me out on it. As we got under way he took the time to point out the things he had done, and the things left to do. We spent the day, and I got to experience the boat first hand.

Thank to those who sponsor this site, and post here. I have a lot to learn, and intend to spend alot of time and learn all I can from your experiences.

Now I am planning my first trip, to bring it home to Jacksonville, NC. I am greatly looking forward to the trip.

These are great old boats.

The fact of the matter is that there is more that makes them great them a good design and heavy construction.

I would submit that the bet thing about these boats may well be men like Herb Tucker, who are drawn to them.

Thanks allot Herb, I will take good care of her.

Craig Amos

commanderpete
04-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Welcome aboard. Craig is the first person to figure out that you can write in color. I just paid my yard bill so I'll be writing in red ink.

c_amos
05-15-2007, 10:35 AM
I would really like to know more about my boats history. Herb had mentioned that she had been owned by a long time commodore of the Hampton Yacht Club (?)

I wonder if anyone has had any luck researching their boat's past?

Herb,

If you happen to dorp by please contact me. I would like to talk to you. :D