PDA

View Full Version : Long time since I said hello...

Janice Collins
01-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Wayward star and I are still in the Virgin Islands... Haven't ventured south yet.......
I've been sidetracked, I've taken to the skies, started flying lessons and what a blast...
Wayward Star has been neglected some, but we still do a few sails here and there.
Hope all is well with you and your Ariels!

Hurricane season here was again mild...Janice

Hull376
01-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Janice, how did all of your deck turn out after the recore job? Last picture you posted had plywood being fitted to the fore deck. Are you happy with the results?

Janice Collins
01-11-2004, 02:47 AM
The fiberglass job came out great, very pleased with the results. It's nice to step on a firm surface for a change, I know all the cleats are set in a firm surface, rather than mush. That was my biggest concern.

Richard
01-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi Janice,
My wife & I did make it down the ICW on our way toward the Islands but have stopped off in Cocoa, FL for a while. I also did a fordeck recore on my Ariel a few months ago and I agree with you...it sure is nice to step on a firm surface and know that the cleats and anchor tackle are set in a solid surface. Our plan is still to make it to St. Thomas and beyond, but we will probably hang out here for a while. We'd still like to meet when we finally do make it to the area.

Glad to hear all is well with you and you're enjoying those flying lessons!

~Richard

Janice Collins
01-12-2004, 02:15 AM
Richard,
I was wondering about you two...
Glad to here that you are still planning on sailing this way. You know how to reach me whenever that may be.
Until then....
Janice

Theis
01-27-2004, 05:05 AM
So Janice, are you flying a plane the same vintage as the Ariel - an Aeronca, or a Champion perhaps. Did you buy the plane in Alaska, the world' largest operating air museum?