PDA

View Full Version : 3 CHEERS!

ebb
10-23-2003, 09:28 AM
If 5000 posts by 180 members 'round and about a relatively insignificant yet gorgeous plastic classic isn't an amazing milestone, what is?

The nautical equivilent of a milestone is, of course, a beer.

So heres to the extraordinary guys and gals what made and make all this happen for us!

:D :D :D

commanderpete
10-23-2003, 11:21 AM
If only we could get Commanderpete to stop cluttering up the Bulletin Board with off-topic nonsense and useless drivel.

The guy gives me a headache.

http://www.realsailorsmagazine.com/CenterfoldMarchApril2003/Safeea9lg.JPG

ebb
10-25-2003, 07:49 AM
C'peete,
How clever of you to bring up the subject of easy to undo knots in this fashion, a thread we haven't persued.

Donna Feconda, I knew her mother, who is wearing your best shirt, has tied it with the classic sheepshank. Or is it the figure eight?

It's difficult to see what is holding your burgee around her chest. If it's a prusik you may have to unhitch it with a marlinespike.:rolleyes:

marymandara
10-25-2003, 09:26 AM
I thought that was what you called a double-constrictor knot...
"round turn with two half hitches" just doesn't sound right in this case.
Dave

ebb
10-25-2003, 06:21 PM
No no, it's the double entendre.

Which isn't any more splicey
than the Great South Bay Butterfly Bend.

tcoolidge
10-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Agree with ebb entirely-3 or more cheers for those responsible.
And where can I get one of the accessories in the photo for my boat?

commanderpete
10-29-2003, 10:24 AM
Hmmmm...I don't think any of us could afford that little item.

We should, however, celebrate this milestone by organizing an Ariel/Commander Rondezvous & Clambake.

I can just picture it. From left to right--MandaraDave (with oar); Ebb (waxing poetic); Mike (pulling hair out); Bill (with Manual); Commanderpete (with glossy photo); AussieGeoff (with Fosters).