PDA

View Full Version : Commander 105

marymandara
09-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Well, this is a horrible question, but I gotta ask...

What is to become of Commander 105? Is she hurt real, real bad?

I hope she is to be repaired, but if not...
I could use a few bits from a Commander.

Dave

David N. Bruce
09-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey Marymandara -

This is totally off topic, but I've just joined the assoc. & the forum (and just bought Commander Hull #301, Fair Wind); have noticed some of your posts and figure we live in the same area -- you are in Bellingham, I think and I am in Kingston. But I thought (for some reason) you were sailing a Triton. Your most recent post suggests otherwise.
dave

marymandara
09-29-2003, 12:01 AM
I used to own Toby Cohenen's boat, Commander #280 DECISION.

Marriage to my best sailing partner and her daughter changed my Commander-fueled Mexico/SouthPac plans inasmuch I needed a bigger boat, so bought the Triton we are now rebuilding...but there are a couple of Commander parts that would be Perfect for my Hot Rod Triton!<G>

DECISION now lives at Vashon someplace, BTW.

Dave

Toby
09-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Dave & Dave,

Commander 280 may be sitting in Kingston as we speak, the boat is on a return trip from Victoria BC. I bailed out at Port Townsend so Wayne is soloing back to Vashon - he should be half way between PT and Vashon about now. Incidentally, we saw a Commander in Port Townsend going for $10,000, nice boat, no idea of the number but I think the sign said 1967...

Dave W - I still have that bronze seacock lever and have every intention of returning it. I tried mailing it once but it came back undeliverable for inexplicable reasons. Try emailing your address again or I can drop off at your Triton next time I go north. I've had no luck remembering to draw up the tiller. Is that still a priority?

Also bought a new sail, a genoa for a Catalina 25 std rig, less than $550 shipped. Fits very well and more manageable to get around the mast than the 180% monster that came with the boat. Purchased from National Sail Supply (Rolly Tasker Sails, Florida) at www.nationalsail.com. Nice product, nice people. I recommend them.

Mike Goodwin
09-30-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm sure Robert and I will repair Commander 105, afterall it wasn't sunk. It is on Chesbay by the way.

David N. Bruce
09-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Dave & Toby -

Toby, I bought the Commander you saw in Port Townsend listed at 10,000 (for less). She's still there; the buccaneers of the marine trades community will not release her until they're confident I've spent all available funds. Kidding aside: she really did need new rudder and shaft, which she now has, and I've decided to get the standing rigging re-done (too stupid to do that myself, at least at this point). God willing that's all for this season and I will get her home to Kingston in the next few weeks. Is Decision really in Kingston? I would love to go check her out although I myself am in Seattle at the moment, staying over for a few nights (work, not pleasure).

Hope to meet you both at some point.
Dave

Toby
10-01-2003, 09:32 AM
Dave B,

Decision probably Bainbridge by now if not further south. No. 301 looked different enough from No. 280 that I'd like to get over your side of the pond and check out some of the particulars this winter. You have a nice boat. Keep in touch.

Mike Goodwin
10-05-2003, 10:57 AM
The worst of the damage.

Mike Goodwin
10-05-2003, 10:59 AM
Could have been worse!