PDA

View Full Version : The Jouet Triton

ebb
09-12-2003, 05:16 PM
A very few of you know that I equate the inestimable proportions of our Ariel to the equal inestimable Marilyn Monroe - and the leaner Triton to the inestimable Jamie Lee Curtis. Definitely sisters, and by this absolutely no disrespect to the human metaphore.

For an enchanting internet visit check out:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/deber/jtritonUS.htm

This site is a surprise for me as I haven't found it on the usual Triton pages. The deck layout, the side view as you access the site, in the exciting photo of the French Triton is fabulous. I'm very attracted to the coamings coming off the doghouse so high up. (and the downward pointed doghouse so sleek and so frenchie.) It is a treat! There are photos on nearly every page and every view of this Triton "contains in him all the possibilities of seduction."

There is a drawing in the A/C Manual where the coamings are drawn as if they are an extension of the curve of the doghouse. I have the width of mahogany for tall dark curvacious coamings on 338 but there is something very salty to this spare bare bikini look the many old photos on this site show.

The automatic translator has produced a patois like the inebriated Hercule Poirot: ecstatic, no doubt, to be out airing his little grey cells on the Jouet Triton:

"Its twinges, largely calculated and very bearing, ensure a passage in very soft water to him. Any blade is largely deadened and the Triton falls down always carefully, in condition, by large hollow, not to let to him benefit from all its speed on the peak and to use its roundnesses with the side of vagueness." (pg 59)

Couldn't have said it any better myself about my long ago sails in 338!

"If we regret the disappearance of some wood surfaces which heated this plastic, we must recognize that it kept a great seduction and, during the few 1000 miles which we passed on his board, it is not stopover where we did not note the great attraction that it caused." (pg 53) The original was writ by one Jacques Monsault.

Isn't that absolutely wonderful! What a relief!:D