PDA

View Full Version : Emerging from lurkerhood

Greg
09-07-2003, 08:38 AM
After over a year of reading and learning from all the experts on this forum, admiring all the beautiful boats, laughing at the quips and silently congratulating others on their triumphs, major and minor, I have gone public.
I bought Ariel #105 last summer after a good deal of looking and hoping. She is in pretty bad shape having been neglected sitting on her trailer under the previous owner's porch since 1998. Convincing myself that I had the tools, both physically and mentally to tackle whatever I found, I paid more than I could really afford and took command. Unfortunately, she had to sit in my sister's barnyard for another year(almost) before I was able to bring her home to the old boatyard/backyard and begin the restoration.
The Ariel is the first boat I ever really considered buying. Not this one, maybe but I remember clearly at age 11 or so, sending off for information from Pearson about this vision of lovliness that I considered, in my fevered mind, the perfect boat. Now, 41 short years later, here I am: the proud owner of Ariel # 105. Even though she is sitting in the backyard/boatyard with more water inside than outside, I am still as smitten as I was back then.

Tony G
09-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Greg
Congratulations! All of here can relate to the smitten part. These are just plain beautiful crafts. Friends just can't understand how I can spend hour after hour just looking at and wandering about her. I truely can't walk by her without running my hand along the graceful curves. I believe these hulls look more impressive perched up on a trailer. Your history with the Ariel is a great story. 113 sat for more than a year before I gathered up the courage to start working on her and now I believe there is nothing that you could do that was irreperable. Enjoy you lucky dog! Tony G