PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...

Richard
08-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Hi gang-
Just returned from two weeks in Italy - land of great food and cheap wine! I have now relocated from a big house in Buffalo to my small Ariel in Edgewater, Maryland (just outside of Annapolis). The good news is that my fiance and I are living on the boat full time! No longer to I have to plan "visits" to see my Ariel. Hopefully she'll be in the water within a week. I still have a big to-do list but I want to sail as much as possible. I am checking the internet from the library right now so my access is a bit more limited than it was in the past. I just now got to see the photos of the outboard well plugs that I asked for a few weeks back. Thanks a lot to you all.

Talk to you later.
Richard

ebb
08-06-2003, 09:34 AM
might I make so bold as to enquire
how two people can live full time on an Ariel?

I mean physically, not psychologically.

Richard
08-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Well...We're still working on that. It's a bit tight but we're doing what we can to get organized. I'll let you know how its going after some time has passed. :)

French
08-07-2003, 04:47 PM
I have heard of 3 adults, one cat & a dog living full time on a 26ft sailboat thinking that way...2 people have plenty room.

Richard
08-11-2003, 02:09 PM
I spent part of yesterday and part of today tearing out the galley sink and counter to make room to get the engine out. I found a buyer for my 10hp diesel and we are starting the removal at 6am tomorrow morning. I've taken some photos of my progress so far and will be taking more and posting them later. Once I get the engine and prop shaft out, I will glass over the shaft tube and [finally] get into the water.

We've only lived aboard for a week so far and it hasn't been that bad. Of course we are still on the hard and using shoreside bathroom and shower facilities. It's taking us some time to get really organized...the frustrating part is having to shuffle everything around while living and working on the same boat!

I am still searching for any sign of a hull number in all the little nooks and crannies as I get to know my boat a lot more intimately!

marymandara
08-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Hey...I used to live on a COMMANDER!
Dave

Al Lorman
08-21-2003, 06:12 AM
Where in Edgewater are you? I keep my boat (alas, no longer a Commander) at Holiday Point Marina.

Theis
08-28-2003, 06:21 PM
I don't see the problem. In my younger years I did that all the time. In my Ariel there are three bunks. Generally we cruised for a month with two couples. It is just that you get to know one another pretty well. We took as many as 11 across the big pond out here (Lake Michigan) for a weekend and they still talk about it.

ebb
08-29-2003, 04:40 AM
still sticking together, are they?:D