PDA

View Full Version : Head installation & water tank conversion

SailorLiz
06-24-2003, 05:00 AM
Here are the pics of the head, and water tank conversion.

First we drilled a hole for a thru hull fitting and then installed a seacock.

SailorLiz
06-24-2003, 05:02 AM
Here is a picture of the new head.

SailorLiz
06-24-2003, 05:03 AM
This is now the waste holding tank.

SailorLiz
06-24-2003, 05:04 AM
We did run the vent and the waste pipe out through the anchor locker.

SailorLiz
06-24-2003, 05:08 AM
This is a pic of the waste discharge pipe.

After our little cruise, we had a pumpout, to make sure that the whole system worked. It did, so we are happy with this project.

Next, this weekend, we are finishing the install of a flexible water tank, that we have placed under the starboard qtr. berth, next to the sink. When we finish that project, I will take more pictures and post them here.

SailorLiz
08-10-2005, 07:16 AM
I'm bumping this to the top.

commanderpete
08-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Nice.

I'm thinking of converting to a fresh water flush for the marine head. When the seawater sits in the lines it starts to get rank after awhile.

Is that what your flexible tank is for Liz?

SailorLiz
08-11-2005, 05:02 AM
Nice.

I'm thinking of converting to a fresh water flush for the marine head. When the seawater sits in the lines it starts to get rank after awhile.

Is that what your flexible tank is for Liz?

No, we sail in freshwater, so it is pumped from the thru-hull. The flexible tank is for drinking, cooking, washing, etc. This weekend, if we make it to the boat (we have out of town company), I will take a picture of the tank. Also, I can't remember where we ordered it from. I have all of that information on the boat. Boy, it really stinks when your memory starts to go. :mad: