PDA

View Full Version : Fagel Attraction II Spring Cruise

SailorLiz
06-20-2003, 08:12 AM
We just returned from a little 10 day shake down cruise. We finally finished converting the old water tank to a holding tank for a head. We also moved our boat to a new "home port" this season. So we decided to make it a "shake down cruise".
We sailed from the Cheboygan River, in Lower Northern MI to Mackinac Island for the Lilac Festival. We were there for four days, had three days of cold, rain and fog. But we kept warm, by attending such activities as wine tasting. :p From there we sailed to Hessel, MI located in the UP of Mi within the chain of Les Chenaux Islands. It was a great sail across the lake for 10 miles, starboard tack, GPS registering at times speed of 7 & 8 mph, while towing our old aluminum dinghy! Then from there to Government Bay for two nights on the hook. Then on to the home port of Drummond Island.

SailorLiz
06-20-2003, 08:14 AM
This is our view from our new dock on Drummond Island.:cool:

SailorLiz
06-20-2003, 08:16 AM
I just can't help myself, I love sunsets!:D

SailorLiz
06-20-2003, 08:19 AM
While on the hook in Government Bay, we had a full moon, with clear skies. Can't beat this life.;)

SailorLiz
06-20-2003, 08:21 AM
This is the dinghy that we tow around behind the Commander. This is on the beach of Government Island, with Fagel Attraction anchored in the background.

SailorLiz
06-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Fagel Attraction on the hook in Government Bay.:)

SailorLiz
06-20-2003, 08:28 AM
Gail, the Harbor Master at the Hessel Marina, greets everyone with a warm welcome!

SailorLiz
06-20-2003, 08:52 AM
Fagel Attraction docked at Mackinac Island. In the background, is a cruise ship either from Italy or France.:confused:

Hull376
06-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Great pics, Liz

What a great place to cruise (when the weather cooperates!). Picked my daughter up at Interlachen last year and went out to mackinaw Is. Rode bikes around the island and had a great time.

SailorLiz
06-23-2003, 05:18 AM
Hi Kent,

Yes, we are lucky to have the Great Lakes, practically at our backdoor, from where we live. My husband also has a salmon fishing boat, so we spend time on Lake Huron fishing also. One of the reasons we moved the sailboat to Drummond Island, is because we do a lot of 3 to 4 day weekend cruising. This way we are closer to the N. Channel. We want to start exploring that area. The boat is now a two hour drive for us, but a pretty one across the Mackinac Bridge and then a short ferry ride to Drummond Island. We also take our mountain bikes with us, when we cruise. We have rode many miles on Mackinac Island. It is a very unique island. We enjoy being "fudgies" also.

Fair Winds

mrgnstrn
06-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Liz, you must put some details on the Tech page on the conversion of the old water tank to holding tank.

much grass....