PDA

View Full Version : a MEMORIAL WEEKEKND

French
06-03-2003, 02:30 PM
Memorial weekend with the girls ( kuan Yin & crew), consisted of several project. One of which had been put off for a while...mostly from nerves...of screwing up...:-)

French
06-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Morning of day one. I purchased KY about 2 yrs ago. The former owner had her on the hard and redid the bottom. I did not know what shape it was in by now. I had thought of pulling her and getting a repaint, but ...$$$$$$ put it on hold.

I found a diver at the marina, ex- navy who does bottom scaping and inspection.

He went in with his brush...
the good new came that everythng looks VERY good. A little build up on the rudder which cost me some speed , but overall I am good for another year at least. It was suggested, that when I do pull her , that I have some ZINC put on the rudder ( anyone done this or someplace else?) He did his scaping and brush brush brush, he was done...1.25 hrs later and $75.00, Ky's bottom was in good shape.

Horray!!:-)

So ended part 1...

French
06-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Now that the bottom was in fair shape, it was time to do the woodwork. wash , rub, brighten, Oil oil Oil... this was a two day affair, since the wood had to dry before oiling...

French
06-03-2003, 02:44 PM
While the firstmate was swabbing the deck :-)

I'm in the kitchen (galley) doing the sink...

French
06-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Now it is up the mast for a little lube job on the track...

French
06-03-2003, 02:54 PM
THis is the part the whole thing started with...reinforce the strong back.

All the parts are ready... I am mostly...

Get the setup was easy...it took most of the day to get the turnbuckles loose :-(

Finally the rigging is loose, I start to jack, I pump and pump, but nothng really noticeable happens. I hear a few creaks and moans and figured I'd stop before something broke...SO the bow is still there, but I put the brace on anyway. I figure at least it will not go any further.

part two of this is to install a sliding door. The orginal door, I took off, because once in the V-berth youhave to unmake the bed and disasemble before you an leave.
WIth this sliding door, One can have a dessing room, toliet, bedroom easy access and exit without doing a major shifting of things.

A little gold leaf paint on the metal brace and she is back in business...

Sweet!

French
06-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Ahhhh, yeah baby... lets break out that wine...and call it a nite(weekend)...