PDA

View Full Version : What I found in my lazerette

Tony G
05-31-2003, 06:15 AM
This is a spin-off from Ebb's photo gallery where we were discussing something I stumbled across in 113's lazerette. This first photo sets the stage. I wish there was a pic of the platforms that were added by one of the previous owners but they popped out so easily I didn't have a chance to think about photos. And once they were out I said whoa! we better get a picture of this.

Tony G
05-31-2003, 06:20 AM
I thought editing would be easier...

Tony G
05-31-2003, 06:24 AM
It's kind of tough to see exactly what we're talking about in that pic but it should become obvious. Also note the 'funky blue stuff' in there. Tim L mentions something about this stuff he found on his Triton Daysailor site.

Tony G
05-31-2003, 06:27 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention the outboard well reinforcement. Gone!!

Tony G
05-31-2003, 06:30 AM
Complete the massage field?

ebb
06-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Found 2 kinds of "blue stuff" in 338. One was smooth and seems indented into the interior laminations and is associated with blocks of wood like those used to prop the reinforcement thingy across the bottom of the cockpit.

The other is a sortof blue concrete, has sand in it and was used to set things like the cabin sole and its step-ups at the c'way and V-berth. And bulkheads. They cut parts so loose they had to have these huge globs of filler to make the decks below level. I've kept some chunks for souveneir paper weights for the chart room.

Can't figure out what that funky two by construction is? Surely not Pearson!!!!? WHAT IS THAT?

Like with 338, once I knew what part of the bulkhead was actually bulkhead (inside at the cockpit end,) I grinded back to vertical - not bothering to remove the satisfactory tabbing (like up top,) if you have any, Tony - then yanked out the stuffing. Well, maybe I raged a little with the angle grinder! Any paint had to come off because glass was going up. The lazarett side of the bulkhead had decent tabbing on 338, so I wasn't worried about doing something rash when taking that trash out inside.

Showing in your third photo in this thread is that weird flap. While it looks old it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Does it? Must have been added for something long forgot. It's not remnant of a rack or a gas can deck, hmmmmm? ....Smoooooth grinding!

Just thinking: that the smooth blue stuff is just an early bondo. The concrete blue stuff: bondo with sand added.