PDA

View Full Version : FS--Ariel/Commander Inboard Fuel Tank

marymandara
05-20-2003, 11:14 AM
Good Shape, Removed from Commander 280.
Dave has been keeping this forever, and I am tired of seeing it in my entry hall. We are in agreement that it has to go. The fuel tank AND two bruce anchors is a little much to look at when i come home. We think it is monel...it is very clean looking inside, and it's only a little magnetic, which monel is. There's some corrosion on the outside surface i think, but it looks more like salt water than rust to us. Overall, it looks very very nice. I have a box ready to pack it in! first 50.00 plus U.P.S. from Bellingham, Wa. (UPS zone 2, Zip 98225) is welcome to it!!!!

Thanks,
Mary

marymandara
05-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Me, Dave, this time...
have rec'd the ultimate spuosal ultimatum. fisrt 35.00 plus frt. takes. next stop, the scrapyard. hate tp throw away good stuff---any takers? i got till friday to get it outta the house one way or another....
dave

c_amos
12-12-2004, 06:37 PM
OH Dave,

If only I had read this thread earlier.....

....But then again, when you typed this I did not yet own my boat......

:rolleyes:

I am looking to move my tankage below to;

- Free up the lazarette so I can pull my motor while sailing

- Lower my center of gravity (ok, so only slightly, but lower).

- Increase my tankage for crusing.

I currently have a 13 gal tank in the port side of the lazarette, which is more then enough for the river (way more) but much less then I want on multi-day trips when I have to motor (like ICW trips).

I am looking at mounting this under the cockpit;

Link to flea-bay add for 24 gallon tank (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4511168392&category=31286)

What say the distinguished panel?