PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes Weather

SailorLiz
04-05-2003, 07:26 AM
Well, we won't be uncovering the Commander this weekend. We can't get out of our driveway to drive there. It has been snowing since Friday and still has not quit! Here is a pic of our the side of our house from the street, with the grill and snowmobiles loaded on the trailer and ready to be put in storage until next season!:eek:

Mike Goodwin
04-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Pass the grits , I'm staying down south where it is warm 70 - 80 today on Chesapeake Bay!

French
04-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Ahhhh, sunny northern Ca. today's forcast....SUNNY , highs in the low 70's

I had a nightmare about being in snow just the other day...looked a lot like that picture...BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hull376
04-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Liz,

Spring is almost done in Texas, need to finish up the painting and hardwared rebedding and putting all the wood back on before it gets too much warmer. When do you find time to sail in Michigan? I guess it would be fun to put an Ariel or Commander on skates---- you know, an Ice Boat kind of thing. Heck, your ice must be 3 or 4 feet thick--- no problem supporting 6,500 pounds!

Brent
04-11-2003, 05:31 PM
At least with Liz, she knows there is no hope of sailing.

Here on Cape Cod the sun came out yesterday for the first time in a week.

Now it's raining again.

<sigh>

SailorLiz
04-12-2003, 06:51 AM
The snow is almost gone a week later. We have had spring like temps all week. We had a little over two feet of snow, by the time the storm was done. Now we just need to get rid of all of the ice here in the northern parts of Lake Huron. A 1000 ft. freighter was caught in pack ice this week in the south channel of the Mackinaw straits. By the time a rescue could be attempted two hours later, the wind had blown the ice and freighter aground on a shoal by Mackinac City. No damage to the freighter as it hit the sandy bottom and not rocks. I hope this was the last of the snow, but we have had snow as late as Mother's day. We just sail in our winter gear. Brrrr....