PDA

View Full Version : Wheeler Regatta

Ed Ekers
02-15-2003, 06:09 AM
On behalf of the Berkeley Yacht Club, I would like to invite the Ariel fleet to participate in the Wheeler Regatta, which we have scheduled for March 22-23, 2003.

Last year we changed the format of this regatta to make it more appealing to smaller boats, and the new format was extremely well-received by the participants. As a Wabbit owner, I can say that my fleet really enjoyed this event. I hope that the Ariel fleet will consider it as you are putting together your schedule for 2003.

The Saturday around-the-buoys racing for big boats and small boats is now divided into two areas, with the races for small boats confined to the Olympic Circle. Best of all, the final small boat race finishes in just in front of BYC, so the small boat folks get to be first in line for both the complimentary margaritas provided by Pineapple Sails and the wide array of munchies!

We haven't yet drawn up the Notice of Race for 2003, but race officer Bobbi Tosse assures me that the format will be the same as 2002. You can see the NOR & SI's for last year at: http://www.berkeleyyc.org/Wheeler2002/

Please feel free to contact me (510-208-5460) or
Bobbi (925-939-9885
mailto:JFCBAT@Compuserve.com) if you have any questions about the regatta.

Hope to see you there!
Marceline Therrien
Wylie Wabbit #18
Berkeley Yacht Club

Ed Ekers
02-15-2003, 06:10 AM
I just wanted to let you know that the Notice of Race and Race Entry From for the 2003 Rollo Wheeler Regatta are now available online at
http://www.berkeleyyc.org/Wheeler2003/.

Bring at least 5 boats and get your own start. On Saturday smaller boats will race on the Olympic Circle, finishing at the Berkeley Yacht Club to beat the big boat folks to the munchies and margaritas--and a pitcher of margaritas goes a long way when you only have three people on your boat!
The small boat with the lowest corrected combined time for Saturday races gets the "City of Berkeley Trophy."

Tell your fleet!

Marceline Therrien
Wylie Wabbit #18
Berkeley Yacht Club

Mike Goodwin
02-15-2003, 07:24 AM
Makes me wish I was on the left coast !!

Ed Ekers
02-17-2003, 05:20 AM
Hey Mike, I am always looking for crew. If you ever get out here You will have a ride waiting for you......ed

Mike Goodwin
02-17-2003, 06:30 AM
Would be an honor to serve under your command !!!