PDA

View Full Version : share some barrier coat?

carbonsoup
09-05-2018, 07:13 PM
I am finally getting ready to barrier coat my hull. I have been buying my epoxy from epoxyproducts.com which has been great (aside from his crazy website), very good products at a reasonable cost.

well, except barrier coat... he only sells a 3 gal barrier coat minimum. (Actually, he sells by the qt but that would be double the price.) Anyway, I have "calculated" and read, that we only need 1-1.5 gal to coat the hull below the waterline.

So the question is: would anyone like to split 3 Gal of barrier coat (water gard 300) from epoxyproducts.com

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=epoxy&product=..Epoxy+paints&cart_id=18853.8710&user-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact

price currently 422.00 plus tax+shipping

lemme know, matt

CapnK
09-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Matt - Sorry, I'm not at a point to be able to join in on the purchase, but have a question: does your Ariel have blisters?

Besides that, if you can't find a taker :) - Interprotect 2000e can be had for a bit over $100/gal online.

Bisquit
09-06-2018, 03:42 PM
I'll second Kurt's recommendation. I'm a big fan of 2000e. Have used it as a barrier coat, primer, bilge paint, and interior finish. It adheres really well, recoats quickly, sands easily and is available in white and gray. - like the lady in the hot sauce commercial "I put that **** on everything."

carbonsoup
09-06-2018, 06:46 PM
i ground/sanded the hull a couple years ago.... and no blisters, however, the gel coats was crazed like crazy and I was already dealing with numerous other issues below the waterline. But, When I started sanding i didnt realize just how much work it was going to be, otherwise I would not have considered it. HA.

anyway, i will research Interprotect 2000e. thanks