PDA

View Full Version : R&R

Janice Collins
11-05-2002, 04:34 PM
Sailed to the south side of St. John Saturday through Monday. Wayward Star was the only boat anchored in the bay. There are still spots like that here in the Virgin Islands. Sheer pleasure.
Snorkled, saw 2 HUGE spotted eagle rays, an octopus in its den and numerous sea turtles.
Also watched a waterspout in the distance.
Cleaned the bottom of the boat. And a lot of R&R...

:cool:

Theis
11-13-2002, 05:16 AM
Took the shrouds off the mast to have them replaced. Fixed the deck light on the mast. Improved the outboard motor mount. Took off some of the woodwork to revarnish at home. Forgot to bring a rain jacket as the cold rain started coming down. Went to a coffee shop to get warm. Returned to put do some other miscellaneous jobs. Cleaned up the fiberglass mess. Thus was my day of R&R. So take that Janice! Aren't we all having fun?

Janice Collins
11-13-2002, 03:36 PM
Now, now Peter. My time for hard work, well....SUPERVISING most of the hard work, soon shall come.

Will be hauling out Jan. or Feb. My list for the boat yard is growing by the day: recoring the deck, replacing the port coaming, replacing a v birth port , bottom painting ... If the whole deck needs recoring then I am leaning towards using Nida-Core.

Had another earthquake today, registered 5.0 on the Richter, epicenter 64 miles ENE of St. Thomas. There was a major earthquake here in the late 1800's with a subsequent tidal wave .The wave pulled out all the water in St. Thomas harbor.

In the meantime Some of us have to sail all year round...Might as well be me!

Theis
11-13-2002, 08:46 PM
While you are enjoying the pleasures of freshening up your craft, I will be in for a long winter's sleep. Or I could be ice boating - or skating - or skiing - or ..... But whatever I am doing bundled up in layers of clothes, with the watch cap and heavy gloves, I'll be thinking of you slaving away on your Ariel, knowing I will be doing the same in another four months.