PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: OB Well sleeve/insert

jamesfischer
10-17-2002, 02:18 PM
Wanted: OB Well sleeve/insert for my Commander # 255, or information on where to find one.

Bill
10-17-2002, 06:13 PM
There was a discussion some time ago about someone fabricating a new plug using an existing one as a model. Look in the technical forum and set the time for "since the beginning." You will get a bunch of pages through which to dig, but hopefully the post on the ob well plug will appear.

Mike Goodwin
10-18-2002, 05:59 AM
I'll save you some time ,
I have a near finished plug mold , will be finished as soon as my doctor releases me from a solvent free lifestyle .
Please heed the warnings on the cans of stuff we boaters use !!!! I'm paying the price .
I cant even finish painting the decks on #45 , unless I use latex house paint.

I see you are on ChesBay , I'm down in Tidewater/Hampton Roads area .
As soon as I can, I will be making a plug for #45 & Commander #105 and I plan to make some extras available , wont know what the costs are until I lay up the first 2 .

mrgnstrn
10-18-2002, 06:58 AM
you have to tell us what is ailing you, mike.
i know that acetone is best used outdoors on a breezy day, but not much other than that.
km-#3

Mike Goodwin
10-18-2002, 08:25 AM
I had a dose of blood infection/blood poisoning .
My PSA's were outta sight ( something to worry about at my age , hit the double nickel today ).

My doc says it was due to solvents we were using to finish up a job .
Acetone , mek , xylene , tolulene , etc, etc,

1st they thought it was West Nile fever , I have had dengue fever which is like malaria of sorts from my days in the tropics .Then they thought it was prostate cancer but after much testing and probing (ahem )I am rated as normal except for some elevated chemical levels that are dropping . Hope to get back to working with glass and resin soon with a new respirator and many fans blowing and sucking air in and out of the shop .

Hull376
10-18-2002, 09:52 AM
Mike,

Who makes the best organic respirator for the stuff we use? 3M? Which model? Its so confusing.