PDA

View Full Version : Back on line

Ed Ekers
12-01-2014, 05:56 AM
Mr. Bill, Should we assume that the pirates have been chased off and our vessel is sailing a proper course again? If that be the case THANK YOU for all that you do for us……..ed

Bill
12-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes, things seem to be working just fine. If you find anything amiss, please let us know . . .

c_amos
12-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Bill,

Thanks again to you for your efforts. This site is a treasure, thank you!

mbd
12-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Hey Bill, it looks like I'm logged in - it says "Welcome mbd" at the top right, and I can go into my Profile and edit things. But if I click the "What's New?" button, top-left, I get a "you do not have permission to view this page, you must log" in error. If I try to log in there, I can't...

PS. And I can also post as me, so I must be logged in....

PSS. More info: it only seems to be an issue when you click the ">>" (Go To Last Post) arrows. The URL becomes "pears.siteaction.biz" instead of "pearsonariel.org", and I am only allowing cookies for "pearsonariel.org" in my web browser...

PSSS. It is the "pears.siteaction.biz" URL that is not letting me log in, even when I allow cookies...

Bill
12-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Mike,

It appears that the forum config no longer matches the install (since it was moved). We need Site Action's help on this, but since this is only a temporary location they may want to wait before messing with the forum install. Bottom line, please have patients.

mbd
12-03-2014, 02:10 PM
NP Bill, just thought you might like to know.

Bill
12-15-2014, 02:17 PM
The board appears to be running OK. It was moved to a new server and is operating under a different protocol, so there could be some hiccups.

A board member wrote about security on a board they were managing and I've lost the communication. I was told that ". . one very important thing to do for security with WordPress, if he hasn't already, is to install and run the WordFence plugin.

Hopefully he reads this . . .

mbd
12-16-2014, 05:25 AM
And "thanks" for the tip! BTW, the domain still seems to be behaving as noted above.

PS. I AM being patient, I just thought I would mention it...

Bill
12-16-2014, 06:07 PM
According to the tech, when SiteAction completes the switch over, we should be able to dump the "pears.siteaction.biz" redirect and go back to the core domain. Hopefully, this will resolve any remaining mismatch issues.