ebb
03-30-2014, 09:06 AM
Anybody else miss the ARIEL/COMMANDER YACHT ASSOCIATION NEWSLETTER:(

Tony G
03-31-2014, 04:30 PM
I miss just being a part of something so grand as the forum.:(

mbd
03-31-2014, 05:10 PM
I miss just being a part of something so grand as the forum.
Tony, you'll always be an irreplaceable cog in the forum wheel. Nice to hear from you - are you emerging from hibernation yet?

As far as the newsletter, I think I only ever got 2 or 3. I've got one of them squirreled away inside my manual binder that has a really good article by Theis, I believe. But like all my Good Old Boat mags, I just never seem to get back to looking at them. Now if we could just get more folks to post sailing adventures on the forum... Plus, I'll bet the newsletter is A LOT of work for Bill, who is now pretty much a one man show, I believe. As always, "many many thanks" Mr. Forum Admin!

ebb
04-01-2014, 07:40 AM
So true Mike.
It's what makes the electronic/digital world so neat.
Of course, should our civilization suddenly disappear
it will be more likely for archaeologists to find a readable cache of books and newsletters
than a readable nook chip device. I guess....Maybe not.
I mean, everything that depends on batteries seems so ERASABLE.

Still, I think there is something more real, more natural, being stopped in your tracks
by a bunch of spring daffodills lit by a shaft of sun,
than seeing a photo of the same. There is still the expectation of what is behind a
binding in a shelf of books. Something more to do with the senses... first hand and touchable.

Novelist William Faulkner says, "the past is not dead...it's not even past."
The post came about because I did run into a collection of Newletters in a slim manilla folder
...in a stuffed cardboard box.
And they seemed to have substance, maybe like dried flowers, maybe not....
more than pixels on a plastic screen could ever match.:D

Hey Tony, how's your blinking boat?????