PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Ariel cabin window frames

carbonsoup
09-07-2012, 07:16 PM
looking to replace the forward & rear window frames, just one set each. Mine are cracked in at each through bolt location and thus, doesnt keep the rain out very well.

Aluminum.

however, has anyone replaced the interior with new plastic and and left the exterior?

Bill
09-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Lots of discussion on window frames and replacements. The manual had a source for plastic, but it appear the firm is no longer in business. Please use the search function . . . window frames, fixed windows, etc.

carbonsoup
09-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Lots of discussion on window frames and replacements. The manual had a source for plastic, but it appear the firm is no longer in business. Please use the search function . . . window frames, fixed windows, etc.

Thanks Bill, I am new here and am aware of the useful info, albeit not everything, however, to be clear I am looking to buy... as well as 'poke' a little info. but, i will search a little harder...

bill@ariel231
09-08-2012, 06:03 AM
you can also try new portlights in bronze...

http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussion/showthread.php?1227-Large-Portlights

searching for parts is half the fun of restoration. :)

a couple of foundries in the new england area can make new parts in aluminum or bronze using your original as patterns. you may also find local suppliers that can do the same.

http://www.mysticriverfoundry.com/marine2-05.html

cheers,
bill@ariel231

carl291
10-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi, I have some that I would be willing to part with, if your still looking. Although I'm a little confused when you say froward and rearward.

carbonsoup
10-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Hi, I have some that I would be willing to part with, if your still looking. Although I'm a little confused when you say froward and rearward.

perhaps i did not use the proper terminology, i am looking for the large dead light frames for the cabin. Both frames on the port side are in multiple pieces, interior and exterior. Since the frames are not identical I would need two sets (fore and aft) to complete a full set of aluminum frames. If you still follow, PM me or send an email: matt@carbonsoup.com

thanks!

tsprat
11-10-2012, 06:08 PM
My frames will be available for sale or trade, I had cracks in them and welded them. I made new ones so I won't be needing the metal ones anymore

tsprat