PDA

View Full Version : Notice: The Corinthian Race

Rico
02-23-2012, 05:07 PM
The Corinthian Race 2012 Edition is coming up April 7th. (The skipper's meeting is on April 4th at the Oakland Yacht Club)

This is another great race in the Bay. There are Singlehanded & Doublehanded divisions.

The 18 - or so, mile course is somewhat convoluted, and crisscrossing, all within the central Bay making for quite a fun day. It is in the spring, so the wind could be mellow like last year, or it could be blowing 40kts as in 2010...

C-151 & C-155 are already signed-up!

Sign-up here:
http://www.sfbaysss.org/
A link to the next race on the calendar is available on that page. Standing & Race specific racing instructions are also on that page.

START
The starting line is between the orange marker on the Corinthian Yacht Club race deck and the orange inflatable race mark immediately off the Corinthian YC, leaving the inflatable mark to port.

COURSE
From the Start,
to Little Harding buoy (G “1” Fl G 4s) leaving it to port,
then to Blossom Rock buoy (GR “BR” Fl (2+1) G 6s BELL) leaving it to starboard,
then to Crissy Field (Blackaller) buoy (yellow cylinder "C" 0.2 nm E of Fort Point) leaving it to starboard,
then to Southampton Shoal (Iso R 6s 32ft 6M BELL) leaving it to port,
then to Little Harding buoy leaving it to starboard,
then to the Finish.

FINISH
The finish line is the same as the starting line, leaving the inflatable mark to starboard.

Commander227
02-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Finish, if you cross this line backwards you would be leaving the mark to port. I'm just say'n.
Have fun. Sounds like another great event.
Mike

Rico
04-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Hmmm... I better keep that in mind Mike!

This is a very fun race. The weather looks really good for next Saturday. (I may have just guaranteed myself a full day in the rain!)

103 boats are coming so far. Only 2 Pearsons - Both Commanders... There are still 3 days left to register!

Anyone else???

Rico
04-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Wooo hooo!
A-100 'Orinoco Flow' Signed-up just under the gun! (That makes it 131 boats racing on Sat)
Weather still looks good. It should be an interesting day with some strong currents to deal with...
Best of luck guys!

Rico
02-24-2013, 11:01 AM
I just received this:

"The Singlehanded Sailing Society (SSS) invites you to register for its Corinthian Race, scheduled for Saturday March 16, 2013. The Skippers Meeting will be held at the Oakland Yacht Club on March 13 @ 7:30pm. The Notice of Race and Additional sailing instructions can be found @ http://www.sfbaysss.org"

Just as it starts to smow outside my window... Sigh...

In any case; this is one of the best races in San Francisco. Hope some of you can make it!

:)

Last time on this race, I got picked-up by a pack of Alerions and we had a great sail tacking in close quarters... I was great fun, but I went off far off course from the race I should have been paying attention to...