PDA

View Full Version : FS: Commander #256 (CEILI) Price Reduced

Chance
11-27-2011, 07:01 PM
"CEILI", Commander #256 is currently available and is looking for the right steward that can finish where I have stopped.

She sits on a 2008 Triad trailer.

Both the trailer and the commander have current registrations.

I hold the titles for both.

See gallery section for details of her condition.

$3,500.00 for both.

Thank you,
Chance Smith
Camden, NC 27921

Please contact me directly at:
work cell: 252-435-7219 (Mon-Thur 6am-5pm)
home phone: 252-336-7441 (Weekday evenings between 6pm-9pm, and daytime on weekends).
email: "chancesmith2001(at)gmail.com"

Chance
11-28-2011, 03:42 PM
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/2725454544.html

ebb
12-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Hope she goes to a great new owner.
And I hope that "willing and able" new owner will stay here with the Association Forum.

I also hope that Chance is in the best of health, wealth and stealth.
There are no words to express how sad it is that this has happened.
I mean we all have come and gone here - some of us, certain persons, stick around forever -
but this is close to the worst disappointment I've experienced, you know, looking in electronically with a hunt-n-peck to talk with.

Chance is an amazing craftsman. He has singlehanded brought that Commander into another era, and into the future. His work will outlive us in Cieli.

Especially want to see how his constellation rudder sails that beautiful boat!

ALL THE VERY BEST, CHANCE!!!

Commander 147
12-05-2011, 09:55 AM
If I had the spare cash I would buy her in a heartbeat just to make sure she was finished up and back in the water with someone that really wanted her. Somebody is going to get one heck of a bargain.

And I'm going to miss Chance's very instructional posts here.

Chance
12-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Ceili and trailer lowered to $3,250.00

Commander227
01-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Chance,
Any way you could meet me half way with her? Say Cleveland?
I could spring for your gas.
Mike
C227

Lucky Dawg
01-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Now we're talkin'!! That Southern girl could look good in MN.

Rico
01-10-2012, 07:35 PM
We are all cheering for Ceili!
Go Mike!

carl291
01-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Chance, Any luck with the sale of Celi?

Chance
01-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Carl,
Yes, I did receive a deposit for her. She is currently out from under her shelter, and for the first time in 3 years has actually received direct sunlight and rain on her! She awaits patiently for a road trip to meet up with her new steward. In my humble opinion, I'll post who is the lucky one to have aquired her, when the deal is finalized and the titles exchange hands.
I look out my living room window and see her staged, just waiting to get back into her element. In some ways it pains me to see that I was unable to bring her back. To steal a quote from another reputable steward "some have the means, without a vision, while others have a vision without the means". I truely thought I had both, but as the months turned into years and still, I couldn't finish her before I had depleted my resources. So sad, yet bitter sweet, to know that she'll be in capable hands who can pick up where I have had to leave her and will be able to have her sailing this year!

carl291
01-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Chance, The news is bittersweet for sure. Honestly, I was so very tempted by your offer it was keeping up at night. Although I knew it would also keep me from finishing my projects. I hope you feel some satisfaction in knowing the quality of your work is beyond reproach and you have forever left your mark on Celi.
I am getting 1 Electra to splash this spring, that I believe was a 3 year repair and refit, ( probably a 1 month job for most here) it is going in with only new bottom paint and some touch up on the topsides. This is the one that washed up on the coast of CT and had a bunch of holes knocked in her. It is a gift to my daughter for graduation and that was 2 years ago!!
I can't stand the suspense,,, did a member purchase your boat or have you introduced a new person to the Commander heritage? You will stay in touch won't you?