PDA

View Full Version : Looking for !No Mas!

Tony G
11-06-2011, 10:34 AM
This is way out in left field but several years ago in Good Old Boat magazine there was an article about a Compact 23 (IIRC) named !No Mas!. She was a beauty, cruised extensively and chock full of good ideas. I've been through all of the back issues I own and have done about as many google searches as I can think of, but no luck finding her. Does anyone here have any info on her or maybe an idea how to locate her?

Thanks,

Bill
11-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Try writing to the editor. Nice people.

Tony G
11-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Check this out! www.frontier.net/~chappell/ something about this little boat that appeals to me.

ebb
11-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Here is a righteous review of the midget cruiser from another naval archetect's perspective.
The boat was designed by ClarkMills, even more famous for the OptimistPram dinghy class racers that introduced thousands of kids to sailing.

http://www.boatus.com/jackhorner/sail/ComPac23.asp
BoatUS.com Boat Reviews by Jack Hornor, N.A. - Alberg 30

The ariticle has no accompaning plan view, which they could easily have include.

These boats attract fanatics like our A/Cs. That gorgeous mahogany interior and fiddles didn't all come from the factory, that's fer sure. The sliding chart table is fabulous, especially if it can open to store paper charts. When a boat is 'tricked out', this must be what they're talking about!

What the model has going for it is that it apparently is the grown up sister of smaller versions - so the builder had time and opportunity to be smart and figure out how to fit a 30 footer into a 24 foot frame!
It's a much more sophisticated cruiser than ours was.
But notice the reviewer mentions bulkhead anomalies that sound a lot like Pearson Ariel!
And NoMas! has a Yanmar to boot, instead of an OB.

These ComPac23's have done some cruising!
Have seen No Mas! around before on the web, cruising IN STYLE!