PDA

View Full Version : FS: Ariel 100 (San Francisco Bay)

Rico
07-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Just ran into this on Craigslist. Some pictures of the boat on this site (hope link works - or search by name / number. (I know nothing more than what is in the ad below)

Pearson Ariel hull 100 - $7000 (sausalito)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-07-21, 4:04PM PDT
Reply to: sale-cjfdq-2506513954@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not a project boat!
This boat sat on dry dock at Svensons boat yard for 11 months
being restored. All documentation available
For Picture go to link below:

http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussion/showthread.php?691-ARIEL-100-RESTORATION

She is tuned and dressed to sail.
I have over 55,000.00 in this boat. With all the receipts!
Diver maintained
All new running rigging (I do it annually)
Standing rigging professionally tuned
Engineer installed and maintained inboard 13 1/2 HP Beta Marine diesel.
The boat was surveyed
and insured for 25,000
308 Ritchie Compass
many other extras to go with this.
All electronics work
Bottom paint is still 75%

This boat has received only the best of the best for this class act boat.
Awesome Bay Boat and beyond
Contact Ed 415-244-5008

Bill
07-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Impossible to duplicate this boat for the asking price! $7k is probably less than the Beta engine cost to install. If I could, I sure would grab this boat . . .

Robert
08-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Hello, I am the new caretaker of A-100. Former owner Ed took me out on SF Bay Tuesday and we inked the deal right there. She really is a beauty. I sailed her Saturday in 25+ knot winds and it really was exciting. We weren't really expecting such a blow, especially on the lee side of Angel Island where it caught more than a few sailors by surprise. I look forward to meeting association members. Happy Sailing!!

Commander 147
08-08-2011, 04:31 AM
Robert

Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum. You will find a wealth of information in the archives and if you can't find it there then perhaps we can help. There is a wide range of experience here so whatever you might be faced with there is a strong chance someone here can help.

Hope you enjoy your Ariel and you keep her sailing for a long toime to come.

ebb
08-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Robert, Even if you paid twice or three times asking you got a deal of the century!
Ed did a magnificient and amazing restoration - you are one lucky sailor.:cool:

Wonder if when A100 was compleated at the Pearson factory if the guys didn't stop to raise a few to mark the milestone!

Hope you post pics, adventures on this venue - many of us need inspiration.
Ebb, A338

Rico
08-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Robert - Congratulations & welcome.

Beautiful boat. Ed did a great job.
I hope to see you out there in the bay sometime soon... Where will you be keeping A-100?

I have the perfect event for you coming up August 20th - The Hoppe Regatta for Ariels / Commanders!

You should have all the bugs worked out by then!

More Hoppe details here:
http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussion/showthread.php?2302-Notice-of-august-2011-sf-bay-hoppe-regatta

...looking forward to some SAILING pictures!!

Chance
08-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Robert,
Congratulations on assuming stewardship of a beautiful Ariel. When Bill first posted photos of her, I was amazaed at how good her top sides looked! Very nice. Enjoy the Bay sailing. I haven't been in the Bay areas since I was stationed on board ocean going mine sweepers (MSO class), designed and drawn by another world class naval acrchitect, Phillip Rhodes. I remember stopping for fuel in Alemeda and tying up at the Naval facility Treasure Island and of the many transits under the good old Golden Gate bridge.

Sail On!!

Robert
08-13-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm keeping A-100 in Sausalito for the time being. If currents are too high or it gets too cold, foggy, or windy then who knows? I've been sailing out of Berkeley Marina in my Cal 27 and now I'm finding it pretty convenient to drive over nearer the slot.

My friend Evan and I are planning on sailing the Hoppe next week, so we'll see you out there!

-Bob