PDA

View Full Version : C-69

carl291
05-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Here's a couple of photos of C-69 I just purchased. Is this vessel in the registry? Took me a minute to "get the name" . Comes less mast, but it does have all the inherent problems of these boats Must have been an old racer, the interior has been gutted. Hails from Racine WI. I'll drag her home next month.

Bill
05-14-2011, 12:29 PM
She's new to the registry. You've saved another one! Please keep us informed on your progress and let me know when she gets her new state reg number.

carl291
05-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks Bill, Will do on your request. Maybe a Great Lakes member may know this boat.
interior shot : pretty spartan

ebb
05-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Playing around....

Namaste

You can hear us all raising our voices
smiling a lot, clapping hands and stomping the deck.
Congratulations!
(hope the deck is stompable!)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________
Wouldn't consider this major event either 'General' or 'Off topic'
She should move into the GALLERY!!!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________
So we are celebrating the plucking of this Commander from the dying embers of Time. Here's the famous resurection story:
google> The Phoenix Legend
www.shades-of-night.com/aviary/phoenix.html

carl291
05-15-2011, 09:50 AM
"Stompable " deck??? surely you jest!!..... How about this NICELY done repair to the keel??? Looks like it ran into the state of WI!!!!

Rico
05-16-2011, 08:54 PM
What a pretty boat!
Very nice!

Gutted interior???
-Looks like a pretty standard Commander interior to me! (These were (are) daysailors, not cruisers like the Ariel.)
(The fact that I do an occasional 'cruise' in my Commander does not mean it has all the homey conveniences!!)

carl291
05-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Hello Rico, Thanks, I was hoping for cushions and maybe the galley. Sure would like to poke around and find the mast. It comes with the boom, a wooden spinnaker pole, inflatable liferaft and sails, I'll see what kind of shape that's all in.

Commander227
05-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Carl,
What are your plans for her?
I have a customer looking for a Commander.
Mike
C227

carl291
05-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Well Mike, he may already have it! (LOL) I sent the check out this morning for the boat after the deal was completed and on the way home got a phone call that someone offered double what I paid and politely told me he was backing out of the deal. My plan was to keep it from going to the scrap heap. Hopefully that won't happen. Good Luck

Bill
05-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Carl, ask the owner to inform the new owner about the ACYA Web page, etc.

carl291
05-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I sure will we're suppose to speak when he gets my check early next week.

carl291
11-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Just curious if this boat has turned up any where, I hate to think I lost out and it went to the scrap man. How can you own one of these boats and not know about this great site and it's members ?

ebb
11-16-2011, 07:18 AM
YODA, "Happens to every guy, sometimes it does."
Nomoda probably was Yoda's daughter. Right?
Sorry she's nomo!:D