PDA

View Full Version : C #310 Last Commander?

Last Commander
03-03-2011, 03:14 PM
This fall I purchased Commander hull #310 at the St. Mikes Maritime Museum auction. My research indicates 310 Commanders were built. Do I have the last Commander?

Bill
03-03-2011, 05:30 PM
There were 351 Commanders produced. Now, searching on number of boats would have brought you to the answer. Please read the above "sticky" note on posting . . .:cool:

Ariel 109
03-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Don't worry I still think Last Commander is a pretty cool name. Sounds like the title to an action adventure movie. "Earths last hope, the Last Commander".

Start a thread in the gallery and tells us about your boat. Welcome aboard!

Commander 147
03-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes, welcome aboard Commander 310. I also hope you will start a thread and share pictures and comentary on your commander. The more people sharing ideas the more we all benefit.

SkipperJer
03-04-2011, 06:18 AM
I have hull #270 out of Baltimore. Summers the boat is moored off the Magothy River. Winters at Young's Boat Yard off the Patapsco. Lots of Ariel/Commander knowledge floating around at Young's during spring commissioning frenzy. At one time there were 3 Ariels and 2 Commanders there. It's down to one each at the moment. You'd be welcome to come up sometime march/April for a few beers and free advice.

Rico
03-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome!!
Glad to see more Commanders around here!

Was your Commander actually IN the museum? Was it on display?

My Commander is C-155; exactly 1/2-down production from yours : )

C-155 appears on the main brochure picture of the San Francisco Maritime Museum!
- It did not live there; It just happened to be moored in front of the museum when the picture was taken.

Now for some pictures of C-310...!

Last Commander
03-16-2011, 05:42 PM
I guess it was a donation and the annual auction's proceeds go the museum. I spotted it anchored off the museum then looked it up on their website. Actually it was achored in front of the Perry Cabin Inn which is the Inn used in the movie Wedding Crashers. The opening scene of the reception is right where it was anchored. I've stripped the wood inside and out, hope to sand and paint the interior this weekend, new cushions on the way and some interior upgrades. Then the real work begins with the bottom, topsides and deck. I know this is backwards but need to make the wife happy first with a "clean" down-below. I'll post some pictures soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome everone.