PDA

View Full Version : Did Pearson ever have a sail graphic for the mainsail?

Commander 147
10-02-2010, 05:24 AM
I have not seen anything about a sail graphic that Pearson may or may not have used. Was there ever an official graphic?

If not I might consider something along these lines...

Tony G
10-02-2010, 07:19 AM
I think they did, Jerry. Someone may correct me if I'm wrong but I think it had a 'c', some hizontal bars and a star...maybe? Hey! I see bars and stars! Sounds like a typical Friday night around here. :)

ebb
10-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Commander sails had the USNavy single gold star over three bars of the Commander rank.

Ariel sails had a rather spindly block 'A' with extensions.

The insignia were combined by our Commodore into a spiffy symbol that I have yet to see on a new sail - or pictures there-of.

Sad to say the pages of the PearsonjAriel.org site here does not have a single picture of a Commander. And only diagrams of the Ariel.

The only place to see photos or our boats is to draw the sorts in the Gallery section of the Forum.

The site pages here are desperately in need of an update, imco.

Bill
10-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Most sailmakers will have the Commander sail graphic in their database. BTW - the ACYA logo is a combination of the Ariel "A" and the Commander chevron/star.

Commander 147
10-02-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm going to be very proud to sail this boat when it finally comes together and it will be nice to use the correct graphic so it is more easily recognized at a distance for the great design it is. :)

Commander 147
10-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Here it is on an old copy of the brochure.

Lucky Dawg
11-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Not sure whose sail this picture came from. Also some Commander epaulettes to add to the options...