PDA

View Full Version : Ariel owner in/near Penebscot, ME?

CapnK
07-17-2010, 06:36 AM
A guy posted the following at the Trailer Sailor board. I thought that perhaps, if they cannot easily find a Mac (per the boys dream), that there might be a nearby Ariel that could show him some true beauty of sailing... (ie; not in a 1/2power/1/2sailboat) :)

Hello all, I am new here and I hope someone can help me out. Let me give you some background info. My son Noah a highly motivated, intelligent young guy (12 yrs old) was diagnosed with a genetic condition called fibrous dysplasia. It is a condition that causes the bone in his face to grow uncontrolled. There is no cure, only treatment is to undergo surgery to remove the excess bone. He is due for another surgery in November to remove some excess bone on his face and in his nasal passages. Noah can't breathe through his nose anymore at this point. It doesn't give a 12 yr old a very good outlook with that hanging out in the back of his mind all the time. Noah's biggest dream is to sail his home waters of Penobscot Bay with his family. I am trying to make that dream come true, but with the cost of travelling to and from Dr.'s visits & surgery( we have to travel from Maine to Pennsylvania) that dream is slipping from my grasp. Noah has scoured the net and all the sailing mags he can get his hands on, and has decided his dream boat is the Mac 26M. So, I am appealing to a group of people who know the joys of sailing, to point me in the right direction to be able to find a deal on a Mac to make my little guy's dream come true. Thank you for your time......Richard B.

The thread is here:

http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/tsbbcomp/trailersailor/index.cgi/read/750834

and you can contact the father thru an email link at that page.

CapnK
07-17-2010, 06:38 AM
PS - Before any Mac owner who reads this becomes highly incensed at my statements and attitude:

Yes, I am admittedly a bigot, and highly prejudiced towards Ariels. There is no prettier boat.

;) ;) ;)