PDA

View Full Version : A-64

Miro
04-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Hello! I'm new owner of A-64. She has no name yet, needs alot of TLS to get her seaworthy agani. She's parking close to my organic garden in Cromwell Ct,.This is a great forum, help me to rescue her.Miro

Commander227
04-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Congratulations on the second happiest day in a boat owners life!
Welcome.

Ariel 109
04-17-2010, 05:46 PM
I second the congratulations! How about some pictures? How did you come by your Ariel? What are your plans? Who are the major characters in this drama? Can organic gardening and Alberg designs coexist?

Best wishes on you new project!

Commander 147
04-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Welcome aboard Miro.

There really is a lot of help here for restoring these good old boats. Pictures help everyone here understand so get used to posting a lot of those. And sometimes it make take you a few days to get the response you are looking for because while we have a lot of people that lurk here there are a limited number of people that will offer suggestions on a regular basis. So be prepaired to give them time to respond.

We wish you the best on your resoration and hope you will become one of the regulars here.

Miro
04-18-2010, 07:26 AM

Here are a few pictures of my baby. I got her on ebay and I knew that she needed a good home and a good restoration. Thanks for your warm welcome to the forum.
As for my plans...I was thinking first to make some kind of shelter for her. What are your thoughts on that? Is it neccessary? If so what's the best way to go about it?

Miro

Commander 147
04-18-2010, 08:07 AM
I think you will get a LOT more done and a better job of it if you have a shelter to work under. I work under mine in the rain all the time. And it also allows for a better result in everything from doing epoxy work that you don't want to do in direct sunlight to eventual painting.

As far as how to go about it there are a lot of differant ways to accomplish it. The route I chose since I live in Florida can be seen at this link. But it is certainly not the only or possibly the best way for you to go depending on where you live.

http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussion/showthread.php?1972-Commander-147/page2

Tony G
04-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Congrats and welcome aboard, Miro. Looking forward to seeing your progress and ideas. With regards to shelters, I agree with Jerry. It is way more convenient to be able to work when you can versus when mother nature cooperates!