PDA

View Full Version : Event Announcement: Alberg Design Fleet of San Francisco Breakfast Meeting

ebb
01-13-2010, 09:13 AM
8 AM - 7 February 2010, Sunday.
Last Sunday I attended what I took to be the first meet of the year at Cafe Leila, 1724 San Pablo Blvd, Berkeley (two blocks north of University Av.)

The Cafe is a great venue, you wouldn't know it from the outside, but huge inside with an outside patio. Good food. Friendly atmosphere.
There were five of us that could make it. All active Bay Area Triton owners. I guess littlegull Ariel338 broke the mold.

We pushed a couple tables together and I discovered a great bunch of jovial skippers who are very interested in livening up the Alberg fleet in the Bay. The time has come.
For Ariel/Commander owners it's interesting to see the similarities and differences with Tritons. Hopefully some larger Albergs will come for breakfast - maybe get to check them out as well. I'd like to get up close with an Alberg 30, a Seasprite and Ensigns - if they're on the Bay.

A couple hours later the meeting was adjourned and everybody except me
was going over to Mike's boat to check out his spinnaker system.
There is a Spinnaker clinic coming up late March, I won't miss that one.
Another event takes place at the Aeolian Yacht Club in Alameda, Sat. Feb.28. "Ben Wells to present slide show of his around the world cruise, sign his book. Potluck to follow." There'll be a notice in Lat.38.

It would be wonderful to have reps from our fleet show up at the next breakfast.

An 8AM Sunday event means no traffic from wherever you come from in the Bay Area. There is also off street parking next to the Cafe. Here's the remainder of the notice:

"Monthly 'Alberg Design Fleet of San Francsco' Breakfast - These meetings are a great place to meet other 'Plastic Classic' owners and are open to Triton, and other Alberg-design boat owners and any current or prospective members.

"You are invited to join us - the breakfast meetings are casual and the old boat conversation is always lively (at least after the first cup of coffee!)

"More information and online registration:
Alberg Design Fleet of San Francisco Meeting
Best regards,
Triton One-Design and Albergs of San Francisco Bay."

Check it out! Can always sit incognito at another table and decide whether to sit in. I don't want to be the only Ariel/Commander rep, especially with an Ariel not sailing!

c_amos
01-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Next time I am out, if I have any opportunity... I will plan to attend!
Do I need to bring my builders plate to gain entry? ;)

8 AM - 7 February 2010, Sunday.
Last Sunday I attended what I took to be the first meet of the year at Cafe Leila, 1724 San Pablo Blvd, Berkeley (two blocks north of University Av.)

The Cafe is a great venue, you wouldn't know it from the outside, but huge inside with an outside patio. Good food. Friendly atmosphere.
There were five of us that could make it. All active Bay Area Triton owners. I guess littlegull Ariel338 broke the mold.

We pushed a couple tables together and I discovered a great bunch of jovial skippers who are very interested in livening up the Alberg fleet in the Bay. The time has come.
For Ariel/Commander owners it's interesting to see the similarities and differences with Tritons. Hopefully some larger Albergs will come for breakfast - maybe get to check them out as well. I'd like to get up close with an Alberg 30, a Seasprite and Ensigns - if they're on the Bay.

A couple hours later the meeting was adjourned and everybody except me
was going over to Mike's boat to check out his spinnaker system.
There is a Spinnaker clinic coming up late March, I won't miss that one.
Another event takes place at the Aeolian Yacht Club in Alameda, Sat. Feb.28. "Ben Wells to present slide show of his around the world cruise, sign his book. Potluck to follow." There'll be a notice in Lat.38.

It would be wonderful to have reps from our fleet show up at the next breakfast.

An 8AM Sunday event means no traffic from wherever you come from in the Bay Area. There is also off street parking next to the Cafe. Here's the remainder of the notice:

"Monthly 'Alberg Design Fleet of San Francsco' Breakfast - These meetings are a great place to meet other 'Plastic Classic' owners and are open to Triton, and other Alberg-design boat owners and any current or prospective members.

"You are invited to join us - the breakfast meetings are casual and the old boat conversation is always lively (at least after the first cup of coffee!)

"More information and online registration:
Alberg Design Fleet of San Francisco Meeting
Best regards,
Triton One-Design and Albergs of San Francisco Bay."

Check it out! Can always sit incognito at another table and decide whether to sit in. I don't want to be the only Ariel/Commander rep, especially with an Ariel not sailing!

Rico
01-15-2010, 12:13 PM
I'll be out of town for the next meeting, but I'll plan on attending one in the future. It would also be great to meet other Ariel / Commander owners!

Rico
05-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Tomorrow is the next meeting. I'm planning on attending...

Alberg Design Fleet of San Francisco Breakfast Meeting
Start: 0900 May 09, 2010
Location Cafe Leila,
1724 San Pablo Blvd.,
Berkeley
- two blocks North of Unversity Ave

The website for the Alberg design fleet, including their events' calendar can be found here...
http://www.albergssfbay.memberlodge.com/

Rico
11-23-2010, 09:12 AM
I've attended a couple of these breakfast meetings as a guest. It is a very nice and knowledgeable group and the meetings are in a very nice venue with good food. The meetings are packed-full of discussions about boats, boat maintenance, repairs, as well as some sailing adventures. There are people who have owned one (or more) of all sorts of Alberg designed sailboats: Tritons, Commanders, Ariels, Alberg 35s, Alberg 37's, etc.

FYI -

Upcoming event information:

Alberg-Designed Boats of San Francisco - Monthly Breakfast Meeting Cafe Leila, 1724 San Pablo Blvd., Berkeley, two blocks North of Unversity Ave
Date: 12 December 2010, Sunday 09:00 AM

Note that we've moved the December breakfast meeting to Sunday, Dec 12th. This will be the last Alberg Design meeting of 2010!

We'll have our traditional round-the-table Boat Report, updating us on members' winter projects and sailing adventures, and of course, we'll be recapping the successful Fall Dinner and planning events for 2011.

These meetings are a great place to meet other "Plastic Classic" owners and are open to all Alberg-design boat owners, crew or prospective members.

More information and online notice registration: http://albergssfbay.memberlodge.com/

Best regards,
Alberg Design Fleet of San Francisco Bay