PDA

View Full Version : interiors

kendall
11-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Haven't been able to find anything that specifically deals with interiors, are the threads all laid out by boat/hull numbers? Or, is there a chance of finding them by category?

My Ariel hasn't hit the water yet (a few unexpected expenditures,a trip to Virginia and other inconveniences) and have decided to rebuild the interior this winter and would like to see how others have treated the interior layout.

Also, while considering a counter/sink height, what is the 'average' level most Ariels float in relation to the factory scribed water line? (to keep it simple, I'll specify the bottom factory scribe mark)
To clarify what I'm asking, post 8 in lucky dawg's thread, (http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussion/showthread.php?t=1604) shows what looks like 3" of space below the boot stripe.

Right now I'm looking at a bunch of mahogany, some marine ply, some fixtures, an 'empty Ariel, and a whole winter to play with, so I'm hoping to get everything together by spring!

Thanks
Ken.

Bill
11-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Review the the Gallery forum. It has quite a few threads that include interiors. For example, check out the Uhuru thread by Geoff:

http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussion/showthread.php?t=325

There are others.

Ditto on using the "search" function to look for "water line" discussions.

ebb
11-09-2009, 07:46 AM
But that's an interesting point:

Does the Commander and the Ariel sail on the same WATERLINE?

Commander is a lighter boat.

s/v AUGUSTINE www.solopublications,com Stays with traditional interior

s/v BRAVEHEART was a great inspriration. Has a dinette.

Two time circumnavigator Jim Baldwin and his Triton ATOM
I know it's a larger boat, but a splitting image. And it's all about WHAT WORKS and what works out on big water.

s/v UHURU. Geoff's Ariel has some absolutely beautiful and professional interior work. Basicly original plan.

Frank Durant has the uncanny ability to bring an Ariel interior to life rapidly and efficiently. He understands small boats better than most. I know there are interior pics here somewhere. I know he could actually renovate an interior in three months max, INCLUDING A SHOWER!

Good luck!:D