PDA

View Full Version : ariel #371 Jones Creek MD

gcerrone
06-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Here is a link to some shots of Arion #371 in South Baltimore along with a few other shots some from her former berth in Annapolis.

http://www.gcdesigngroup.com/sailing_page_5.htm

ebb
06-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Excellent Ariel there Garry.

See you take time to walk on water too!.
At the least stand on it with your dolly:rolleyes:

Arion has a rich history according to Wikipedia.

ARION is also known as Dolphin Rider.

carl291
06-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Welcome,
Nice looking boat, never seen one parked on the ice:p

Lucky Dawg
06-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Hey Garry,
Do you just keep a bubbler under it in the winter? I'd be scared of getting Shackleford-ed! Did a double take when I saw you standing next to your beached Ariel!

gcerrone
06-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the feed back guys. Yes I do have a bubbler and it works great.
On the Chesapeake we rarely get serious ice. Those pix were taken in Annapolis where my bubbler blew a fuse in the house and invoked the ire of my host. I had to turn it off. However,I learned a valuable lesson about the shape of our hulls....If the ice is static the boat just rises as if in a cradle, no damage. I can't say the same for moving ice. Where I am now, in a marina with my own electrical account, I put the bubbler in each Dec. with a timer but have only used it a few times. Winter 2008-09 was icey for about two weeks. Once Feb. rolls around and the angle of the sun rises so that there is less reflection and more absorbtion then our water temps. improve rapidly.

Garry

frank durant
06-27-2009, 03:22 PM
I just never get tired of looking at pics.Pretty boat...mud and all

gcerrone
04-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Here is a link to my Ariel, Arion, lying in Jones Creek off Old Road Bay at the entrance to Baltimore.. After seeing Ebb's new cockpit drains I decided to follow suite. View pix the installation here..............

http://www.gcdesigngroup.com/sailing_page_5.htm

Garry