PDA

View Full Version : Ariel For sale (Ebay) Fla

Rico
04-15-2009, 09:23 AM
I just saw this... Sounds like it is in good shape.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-26-ft-Pearson-Ariel-Excellent-Condition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63730QQihZ011 QQitemZ320360432935QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

1966 26 ft Pearson Ariel Excellent Condition!
Vehicle Description

1966 Classic Pearson Ariel 26 ft sail boat. 3’8 fixed keel. Rolling furling with 150% Genoa Sail in Perfect condition. Main sail in Perfect Condition. Storm jib in sail bag, extra main in sail bag, extra hank on jib in sail bag. New Kiwi Seattle Grey non skid applied last month to deck. Interior cushions in great condition in both galley and V Berth. Electric works. Cabin Fan, Running lights, bilge pump, depth finder. Knot meter and VHF all work great plus auto pilot for tiller. Motor well for outboard in aft lazarette. 5 HP 1999 outboard runs great. 26 gallon fresh water holding tank. This boat has the whole nine yards including service records dating back to the 60’s.

I recently bought this boat from the original owners but need to sell it as I am taking a job in Boston since I just graduated with an MBA. I am willing to take less then I paid as I need to move it fast. I paid 6000. Please call to see or ask questions Nick 321-480-2508

Rico
04-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Re-listed starting at $3,000 - More Pictures are now included in the listing. Updated text below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320362967878

1966 Classic Pearson Ariel 26 ft sail boat. 3’8 fixed keel. Rolling furling with 150% Genoa Sail in Perfect condition; no decolonization and stitch work is excellent. Main sail has no decolonization and stitch work is well intact. Both sails were made by South Sails and are about three years old. Storm jib in sail bag (used once), original main in sail bag, extra hank on jib in sail bag (Used once if at all). New Kiwi Grip Seattle Grey non skid applied last month to deck. Deck was sanded, painted, and non skid applied last month. No cracks, indentations, or weak sports were found under close inspection.

Interior cushions in great condition in both galley and V Berth. Electric works and powers cabin fan, running lights, bilge pump, depth finder. Knot meter, VHF and auto pilot for tiller.

Motor well in aft lazarette is in great shape and has a cover made from marine plywood.

5 HP Tahatsu Long Shaft outboard has been well maintained and runs great.

Entire boat is in great condition. Any work needed is cosmetic in nature and small; for example, painting the interior walls. Cabin is water tight. Head has been removed and the portable head removed. However thru holes for permanent head are in place but shut off.

This boat is ready to sail as is. I am selling it so quickly and willing to reduce the price because I recently graduated with an MBA and will be taking a job in the NE and cannot afford to move and keep paying the dock fees for a vessel I will hardly ever be able to see. I paid 6000 and it was well worth it.

I inspected the bottom myself using my scuba gear and there are no blisters or cracks. Rudder is tight. The previous owners had new bottom paint applied in December of 07 at Cape Marina. I have a file that they maintained as the woman’s father I bought it from was the original owner. The file is a couple inches thick and has all of the manuals on the devices and receipts showing work done and parts bought. This is truly a diamond in the rocks at this price. I listed it on here for 4500 and got a lot of calls and even a few who will be coming to look at it soon. However, I am dropping the price in effort for a quick clean sell. Please phone or email me for more information. Thanks!

Nick

321-480-2508