PDA

View Full Version : Outside vs. In

Tony G
03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't even know if something like this belongs on a sailboat site even in the off-topic threads. It's just wrong on so many levels. Don't get me wrong. I truely do respect and love what mother earth and nature does, kind to us or otherwise. But that's a convertible. And I purposely chose bright and bold tropical colors for the store. Outside and in...

Oh well, it could have been much worse and the season is about to change. HOO-RAY!

c_amos
03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Tony,

I am very sorry that you have to see sights like these. I have oft wondered out loud if people are really intended to live in such places where things like these happen.

Here it to you, and to a future in places with warm breezes where the only ice is in your glass.. How much sweeter will it be for remembering pictures like these? :D

Tim D.
03-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Tony you will laugh about this.........................in about six months :D

Lucky Dawg
03-12-2009, 05:54 AM
I have oft wondered out loud if people are really intended to live in such places where things like these happen.

I wonder about this myself... 129.9" of snow this season.

However I don't have to contend with gators at my dock!

I'm reminded of Sam Kennison (now deceased comedian) talking about famine in Africa... "Move to the FOOOOOODDD!! You live in a DESERT, MOVE to the FOOD!!"

p.s. Cool Shop! Birds and fish and whatnot?

ebb
03-12-2009, 09:16 AM
TONIO,
That white stuff looks nice and fluffy.
Make good hull insulation, eh what?

Nice shop! Gold fish in Minnesota??
Lots of good company with yer other shop friends
up there at the ends of the earth.

Might be interested in this:
Found a 2-part WATERBORNE epoxy gloss coat for sealing the inside of the hull and hidden lockers in Little Gull's built-in furniture. I'm going to assume, since I haven't used it yet, that it is the LEAST LETHAL type of epoxy we can use inside a boat and inside the shop. "Low VOC, Low Odor, Excellent adhesion, Won't lift other coatings, and can be over-coated with 'high performance topcoats." Brush, roller, spray - clean up thinner is water. Comes in White, Tile Red, light and dark Gray and Black.
Blown away.
Discovered it in stock (not quite: they only had the tint base) at the local Benjamin Moore paint store.
It's an "Industrial Maintenance Coating" (they get it from the back of the shop) so it could be dicey to locate and/or buy in one gallon lots.
Lots of Pros - only Con is that application surface temp has to be 60 degrees F.
[Cheat: Using an epoxy coating to me means I can still do epoxy glue-in construction by scratching the coating if I've forgotten something. That's an assumption. But if I used regular paint or urethane I'd have to remove it to glue in a shelf cleat or a pad or something.]

If you want to check out the spec sheet:
M42 Waterborne Polyamide Epoxy Gloss Coating - Benjamin Moore
It's not an immersion coating. But it's used for just about everything else, inside and out.:D