PDA

View Full Version : A Sad Announcement

Bill
01-12-2009, 06:55 PM
June Roberts, the wife of Gene Roberts the association treasurer, passed away January 3. Her obituary, appearing in the Sunday (Jan 11, '08) San Francisco Chronicle, shared the following: "Although not an athletic person, June sampled the John Muir Trail with the Sierra Club, skied Heavenly Valley, sailed as crew on four progressively larger sailboats , kayaked down the American River, square danced at the Pentagon in Washington DC, and engaged in camping."

June always had a positive take on events and was a bright light at any gathering. She will be greatly missed by her friends in the San Francisco Bay chapter of the Ariel - Commander Yacht Association.

At this writing, Gene is planning a memorial service, likely on the anniversary of their marriage in April -- although that is not settled and the date may be moved up.

c_amos
01-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Gene,

I am very sorry for your loss. Please know you are in Rose and my prayers.

Commander 147
01-13-2009, 04:24 AM
Gene

At a time like this words are never enough but they are all we have. When we spoke recently on the phone I know you were still hopeful of a differant outcome. I am saddened to hear that did not happen. You and your family will be in my prayers also Gene.

Jerry Carpenter

mbowman
01-13-2009, 07:30 PM
We pray for you in this time of loss

commanderpete
01-14-2009, 06:21 AM
Condolences to those lucky enough to have known June. I hope the memories provide some consolation.

Fair winds

Rico
01-14-2009, 09:38 AM
My condolences to Gene and family. Sounds like she was an amazing lady.

Antonio

epiphany
01-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Gene - So sorry to hear of this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, along with the sincere hope that any sorrow felt will be leavened with all the good memories of the many, many years of happiness and life that you shared together. Peace.