PDA

View Full Version : Kestrel - Hull #1 - For Sale

walberts
10-01-2008, 12:31 AM
As many of you may have seen, Kestrel (Ariel #1) is for sale. If you are interested in a really amazingly well put together boat, with all its major systems, rigging, decks, keel voids, rudder, electronics, all re-built to much-better-than-new condition (She also has a "new" Yanmar 2 GM diesel and a new 11 gallon fuel tank) contact Trevor Griffiths at trevor.griffiths@gmail.com .

Trevor has just bought a Cheoy Lee 38, and is willing to talk price. This boat is worth it! There is only one #1. To see her flying her spinnaker with that big #1 on it is quite a sight in itself.

All of us on this website know what great boats these are. We also know what dark and dirty surprises they can hold when we get into the work of repair and restoration. Kestrel has had it all done, by a really experienced boat-builder who is a retired marine surveyor who spent literally thousands of hours on her over a period of years.

I can't recommend her any more highly than that.

Bill

walberts
11-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Kestrel, hull #1, has been sold. I hear the new owner will keep her near Sandy Hook, NJ. No more details yet, other than that he is new to sailing. I will contact him and hopefully he will join the Association and keep us all filled in on Kestrel's whereabouts and upgrades.

Bill