PDA

View Full Version : F.S.: Commander #10 in TX

commanderpete
04-29-2008, 10:30 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-Pearson-Commander-26ft-Sailboat-10-440-Houston-TX_W0QQitemZ250241411335QQcmdZViewItem

This auction is for a 1965 Pearson Commander sailboat 26ft.The builder plate on the boat has a 10 on it,this means it is number 10 of 440 made from 1965 thru 1967.These boats are getting very rare.The fiberglass looks like it's in good condition,it will take some fiberglass work,some damage on the bottom of the keel,but doesn't look to bad.The cabin is in rough shape and needs to be restored as seen in pictures,the mast looks like it's in good shape also the boom.The sails look to be in fair condition.This boat needs alot of work and would be a serious restoration project,it has been kept under covered storage since 2004,last year of tags is 1986.

commanderpete
04-29-2008, 10:44 AM
High tide mark

mbd
04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I kind of like the cove stripe...

carl291
07-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Well the old texas boy couldn't sell this boat at any price , so he cut the lead out of the hull and cut the mast into small pieces and hauedl the metal to the scrap yard and sold it. He put the tiller on Ebay and sold it to Comm. Pete. He still has the boom and seven bags of sails for sale. He says he has been offered several hundred dollars for the hull tag but thinks he may keep it. Oh yeah, the rest of the vessel was hauled to the landfill a couple of weeks ago. I talked to him the night before hauling the hull off and convinced him to remove some of the small fixtures but haven't spoken to him since. I mentioned he should put the pieces on Ebay.

c_amos
07-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Well the old texas boy couldn't sell this boat at any price , so he cut the lead out of the hull and cut the mast into small pieces and hauedl the metal to the scrap yard and sold it. He put the tiller on Ebay and sold it to Comm. Pete. He still has the boom and seven bags of sails for sale. He says he has been offered several hundred dollars for the hull tag but thinks he may keep it. Oh yeah, the rest of the vessel was hauled to the landfill a couple of weeks ago. I talked to him the night before hauling the hull off and convinced him to remove some of the small fixtures but haven't spoken to him since. I mentioned he should put the pieces on Ebay.

:eek::mad::(:(:(