Let the wind and ocean water
Wash across your hands
Wash away a thousand memories
Wash us all away
Like sand

My name is Ariel (3)
__________________________________________________ ______________________
Lyric by Flanders
The song is rendered by Mary Fahl, from a small american Progressive Pop band called October Project. I came to the artist by listening to a haunting mournful irish-like song called 'Going Home' on YouToob. Fahl's art is in her strong contralto delivered in a flat musically precise folk style. Ariel is a similar tune producing a similar goosebumpy reaction in your celtic quadrant. The nautical theme is serendipitous, isn't it? Breaking ties, leaving on a life-changing voyage - "Ariel" is the Alpha to the Omega "Going Home".. Break your ever-lovin heart, folks........
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
If you do check this out, you'll find that Frodo images are synced to the Going Home lyrics. Ariel lyrics are connected with Disney's Little Mermaid. (ariel mary fahl youtube) In both cases there is massive orchestral over-dubbing. If you search for the mysterious and elusive October Project band, you'll get to see them sortof through objectionable video accompaniment. They seem to have the tight sound of country music. Evidently the original group with M.F. disbanded and resurected years later with an almost identical female vocalist to Ms Fahl - who has my eternal admiration!
When I punched in (going home mary fahl youtube) the very first site is a wonderful simple sing-a-long video on a piano of the melody. That's worth a visit right there!
Read what the artist has to say: "About this Video."
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________+_________ ___
"Amazing! Some people are actually angels
sent to us to cherish and tell us
that this world is only a stop, among many.
Their voices come into our soul
and transcends us far away from our sorrows.
Thank you Mary Fahl." Eolisses Leopoldino

c_amos
11-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Ebb,

When I read the first couple of lines I thought #338 had been speaking to you.... :D

My name is Ariel
And I want to be free
It is your sorrow
That has made a slave of me
Forgive me

...wanting to be free from the cradle... land. Your sorrow... chipping, sanding.... etc.

ebb
11-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Hey Craig,
That's exactly how I saw it!

When your boat speaks to you....
How cool it is that she says.
I love you!:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
Have to accept, if you believe the song,
that we have a very e motional
and dramatic little ship to contend with!

A h h h but the pretty ones are worth it......
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
Lit'l Gull sings
"Hey bro, get those jackstands offen my belly
Take me away from this yard so smelly...."
etc:p

mbd
11-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Good stuff Ebb!

Along those lines, for another good kick in your "celtic quadrant", try out Loreena McKennitt. "The book of secrets" is a really really good CD. Specifically, you can Google "dante's prayer loreena mckennitt". IMHO, skip the Legolas video and watch the band perform the song. Better yet, close your eyes and imagine Little Gull is singing to you... Exceptional lyrics, too.

joe
11-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll second that, Loreena McKennitt gets played quite frequently on my boat as she has her own collection of CDs, mostly Celtic and orchestral.