PDA

View Full Version : Ariel Sighting - A329 "Imagine"

Lucky Dawg
10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
On Muskegon Lake a mile or so from Lucky Dawg. Left an invitation to join us (in a ziploc) in his cockpit.

bill@ariel231
10-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Nice looking boat... That's just the second red hull i've seen on these pages.

Lucky Dawg
10-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Sad old C-74 in Sandusky is red and Paul just painted an A-97 red - Sharp! Red was my preference, but green has grown on me.

This Ariel has a cooler built into the cockpit seat at the starboard bulkhead!

I would have taken more pictures, but 329's neighbors seemed to think I was casing the joint... might have been my acrobatic reach to snap the picture of her hull number.

mbd
10-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Kudos Kyle! And nicely done with the hull number - bonus points for sure! And a very nice looking Ariel to boot. I didn't see him in the registry, hopefully the owner will join us soon.

PS. Sadly, I was hauled on Oct. 11, and this Fall has been gorgeous. From the date of my shake down sail, that only gave me a 109 day season. :( Here's hoping for a longer one next year!

Lucky Dawg
10-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I didn't see him in the registry

uhhh, where is said "registry"?

I think I'll have 153 days this year. Season could be longer on the front end, but I didn't get the boat till mid-May. Sailing weather this late in MI is a gift! I could have told you how many sailing days I had, but I had ALL of my sailing days as tracks on my GPS - updated the software and it reset the memory - RATS!! Sailed at least twice a week this season, occasionally more. With a little one on the way in March, next season may well have fewer days. (cooler-schmooler - maybe I could glass a built-in infant yacht-seat at the bulkhead...)

ebb
10-23-2007, 03:20 AM
Nice BIG Hello to that name on the transom!
Wonder how they pronounce it?
There's the John Lennon way of course.
But it could be a gal's name like Lucylou or Marilyn or Irmajean
with emphasis on the first sylable: IM a-jean.
IM AGINE.

I got my copy of the 'registry' in our too infrequent Association Newsletter.
You should be on the mailing list!

mbd
10-23-2007, 05:51 AM
I got my copy of the 'registry' in our too infrequent Association Newsletter.
What he said. Mines a couple of years old and most assuredly outdated...

Tim Mertinooke
10-23-2007, 07:56 AM
That is a nice looking boat, they wear unique colors well don't they ;)

It's interesting, you can tell whether an Ariel is an outboard or inboard model just by looking at pictures like this:

http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=4544&stc=1&d=1193086783

tha3rdman
10-24-2007, 08:21 AM
They sure do look pretty in red, from the pictures I'd venture a guess to say that it is the same color #97 wears (awlgrip Claret Red). Seasons nearly over her in the Cheaseapeake too, had some great sailing last weekend, more to come this weekend if all goes as planned.