PDA

View Full Version : Heading Home

Ed Ekers
10-04-2007, 06:23 AM
After many years of sailing in the San Francisco bay Pathfinder (A-77) is going home. Saturday I will be sailing her down the coast to Santa Cruz where we will be docked at the Santa Cruz Harbor. We will miss being involved in the events sponsored by the Ariel Assoc. but most of all we will miss the people. As some of you may know I race on a number of different boats on the bay and often have a position at the back of a boat. So if you are out sailing and see some guy on a yacht jumping and waving don’t assume it is just a fat cat racer trying to push his will on you. It might be me getting excited to see an Alberg boat looking good!

If anyone should end up in Santa Cruz please feel free to call on me to go for a sail. I would consider it a favor to have one more reason to go out.

We will be the third Ariel at our little harbor and I think there are a couple of other Alberg boats here as well. (maybe we are getting enough for a one design (<;).

Steady breeze and keep the rail down……….ed ekers

Scott Galloway
10-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Ed,

I look forward to having you back down here in Santa Cruz. Speaking of racing, Kate Riley's Pearson Ariel "Skates" recently took first in class at a Santa Cruz Yacht Club race down here this past summer. Now if you will just load your boat down with a whole mess of cruising gear, we can have a matched race. Ahhh yes, sailing on Monterey Bay.

Ed Ekers
10-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Thanks Scott,
Today we are sitting in Half Moon Bay. We hope to finish the trip Saturday if the weather clears. Our first half was perfect. We sailed the whole way with a good following swell and had dolphins ride the wake most of the way.

See ya soon.....ed

Scott Galloway
10-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Ed,

I'd organize the two Ariel Owners, one Triton owner, And a host of Cape Dory owners here into a Marine parade on Saturday to welcome Pathfinder home, but I'll be down in Aptos for the fireworks show that afternoon/evening with the USCG Auxiliary, so how about we'll just dedicate the show this year to your arrival. Set your GPS on the cement ship.:D

c_amos
10-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Wow,

I rememberr when I was a child, and you used to be able to walk out on to the 'cement ship' there. My grandparents lived in Aptos, and I used to love going to the beach when we would visit.....

Thanks for bringing back some nice memories. :D